Sanford and Son

Just discovered this on Starz... Haven't watched this since i was a kid. Time to binge!

Best theme song ever possibly.

Dummy.

I'm coming to join you, Elizabeth!

I'm calling YOU ugly.  I could stick your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies.

One of the best shows EVA!

Check out LaMont’s eyes. Dude was high as a giraffes ass.

1 Like

Surprised they havent erased this masterpiece of a show.

2 Likes

It will probably be taken off the air. Fred Sanford was a racist against black people. Telling Esther that he was 'gonna stick your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies."

It’s so ironic Redd Fox died on a TV set having a heart attack and people thought he was crying wolf at first. 

It's interesting watching these shows now and I am glad people are into it as the writing was so good.

I even liked the early 80's version with Cal instead of Lamont

In one of the later seasons, Foxx decided the shows needed to be all woke, so he fired his mostly Jewish, veteran sitcom writers and hired all black young writers, who did angry topical woke scripts that were completely unfunny. Ratings plummeted, and Foxx reportedly yelled, "Where are my Jews? Bring me back my Jews!" and they were rehired.

I saw some episodes of the original British TV show (Steptoe and Son) that the series was based on. I think they are still on Youtube. So many comedy shows of the 1970s were based on Brit series - Three's Comoany, All in the Family, others.

1 Like

The Verbal Smackdowns of Fred Sanford - Go Retro!

StrikingMMA -

LMAO

StrikingMMA -

He must be canceled. I am outraged. We must have his gravestone erased.

The Stewed Owl -

I saw some episodes of the original British TV show (Steptoe and Son) that the series was based on. I think they are still on Youtube. So many comedy shows of the 1970s were based on Brit series - Three's Comoany, All in the Family, others.

Even now. The office. I think friends was inspired by British tv. 

That 70’s show has a pretty much word for word British version they made after the American release. Has a different title. They hang out in the garage instead of a basement because limeys can’t dig or whatever. 

I watched this show as a very young kid. Along with good times, the jeffersons, whats happening, 227 etc. i never remember any of those shows shaping the way i thought about people. 

need to rely on the media and self loathing whites for that i suppose

phydeau - 

Dummy.

I'm coming to join you, Elizabeth!

I'm calling YOU ugly.  I could stick your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies.

That might be the funniest line ever in a sitcom, I still use it to this day