Saudi Arabia threatening America

Impossible! They're our buddies! Phone Post 3.0

banco - Obama the little bitch is backing the saudis.
Bush was sucking Saudi cock and holding their hands long before obama and the next president will do the same. That's the master-slave relationship they have with us. Phone Post 3.0

tetris - This is exactly what i said in the other thread about this. The saudi's have been investing heavily in american companies and the stock market for well over 50 years. If they pull their money out they can wreak havoc on our economy and the world economy. They have us by the balls right now. Phone Post 3.0
US? Not I. Fuck Saudi Arabia. Let them sell their shit, let the economy take a hit, and let the pieces fall where they may.

It's time for the truth about our 'leaders' to come out. Phone Post 3.0

tetris - This is exactly what i said in the other thread about this. The saudi's have been investing heavily in american companies and the stock market for well over 50 years. If they pull their money out they can wreak havoc on our economy and the world economy. They have us by the balls right now. Phone Post 3.0

They can't engage in some kind of fire sale without severely damaging themselves.

Jaqen H'ghar -
canuck34 - You guys should was blown up Saudis after 9/11. Phone Post 3.0
Dat sentence! Phone Post 3.0
Damn iPhone. Should have. Phone Post 3.0

And where are all the people who insult others for questioning the official story and say we're hurting the families by even bringing it up??

You heard the families right there, they're pissed and they also want answers to the questions.

EluThingol -
tetris - This is exactly what i said in the other thread about this. The saudi's have been investing heavily in american companies and the stock market for well over 50 years. If they pull their money out they can wreak havoc on our economy and the world economy. They have us by the balls right now. Phone Post 3.0
US? Not I. Fuck Saudi Arabia. Let them sell their shit, let the economy take a hit, and let the pieces fall where they may.

It's time for the truth about our 'leaders' to come out. Phone Post 3.0
The key would be to freeze their US assets first. Not easy to do, but possible. Basically tell all their banks that they are not allowed to process their trades pending the investigation.

Not unprecedented either. But never done one this scale. Phone Post 3.0

Sogflop - Wow. Saudi's threatening to sell assets if the bill passes is essentially admission of guilt.. Phone Post 3.0
First thing that I thought Phone Post 3.0

From the way that I read it, it seems that the US would risk their international immunity if we went through with this. That could mean that all of the innocent people that got droned as collateral damage could sue the US. That might be why the Pres is hesitant to sign this. The Congress and Senate have to appeal to their constituents to get re-elected, the Pres has to protect the country. It is easy to grand stand and say that this is what happened but these same representatives could have balked at the 28 pages from the start. They are all in it for their own interests, we luck out when their interests coincide with ours.

For the record, I am not a lawyer at all. 

Stop talking Canadian, we use English here. Phone Post 3.0

mada - I'm not savvy in finance. Would someone explain why we would care if they sold those assets. We already sold them to the Saudi's, so we don't own them, right? So why do we care if they sell them to someone else? How's that affect us? Thanks Phone Post 3.0
Selling a large quantity of financial assets all at once could overwhelm the market and push prices down because supply would be much greater than demand for a short period of time.

If the prices of our treasury bonds are pushed down, interest rates go up and could spook financial markets.

I don't know though how much real damage could be done other than a short term disruption. Phone Post 3.0

Let them. Hurting us only hurts them more. Or as the famous philosopher Eric Cartman once said.

You fuck me? No if fuck you!

Disgusting Wahabi Vermin

TInkerbellBeefcake - 
Technical Primates - Some great Americans that you have right there, aggressively trying to stop a bill that simply intends to get to the truth behind your worst mass murder in the country's history. Imagine what Jefferson would say if he saw this.

People should be protesting in the streets over this. But wait, the new episode of the Kardashians is on!

Stop saying bullshit like your last sentence. Life is immeasurably better now then in any part of history ever for literally 99.99% of the US. It's not tv shows and sports, it's everything.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say to me. Where's the bullshit?

All I'm saying is a lot of people have been somewhat "brainwashed" by pop culture and fleeting consumerism so they don't even give a shit about huge national important issues like their own government trying to suppress documents that reveal the truth about America's largest ever mass murder.

I know life is better than ever for a lot of people, shouldn't that give them more available time and energy to focus on things like this?

Drill domestically. Build up energy relationships with Canada, Russia, and South American oil producers. Discontinue military support and weapons supplies. Let OPEC crumble, keep oil below 60 a barrel, and let those wahhabist fucks tear their society apart. Phone Post 3.0

TInkerbellBeefcake -
Technical Primates - Some great Americans that you have right there, aggressively trying to stop a bill that simply intends to get to the truth behind your worst mass murder in the country's history. Imagine what Jefferson would say if he saw this.

People should be protesting in the streets over this. But wait, the new episode of the Kardashians is on!

Stop saying bullshit like your last sentence. Life is immeasurably better now then in any part of history ever for literally 99.99% of the US. It's not tv shows and sports, it's everything.
What the fuck are you rambling on about? He's pointing out that media propaganda keeps the population from seeing and caring about extremely important issues. Phone Post 3.0

TInkerbellBeefcake - 
EluThingol - 
TInkerbellBeefcake -

What the fuck are you rambling on about? He's pointing out that media propaganda keeps the population from seeing and caring about extremely important issues. Phone Post 3.0

And he's wrong. I'm saying WHY we don't care, dink.

I must have missed the part where you explained the WHY.

Saying the word "everything" isn't very clear

. Phone Post 3.0

I'm struggling to understand this. Can anyone give me the layman breakdown?

As far as I understood:

- a bill is trying to be passed that Saudi are responsible officially for 9/11

- Obama is trying to stop it

- The Saudi's are threatening to sell all their US assets if it happens, as they fear they would be sued and all these assets taken from them

I assume I read it wrong...

SamOnDrums -
Jaqen H'ghar -
Dat sentence! Phone Post 3.0
very stroke-esque with his sentences, joe Phone Post 3.0
Ha ha ha. Autocorrect and no proofreading. Still, respect to Charles Barkley. Phone Post 3.0

Surgeon308 -
Sogflop - Wow. Saudi's threatening to sell assets if the bill passes is essentially admission of guilt.. Phone Post 3.0
That was my first thought. Phone Post 3.0
Me too Phone Post 3.0