Saw Amon amarth live this weekend

Previously Would listen to them when they would pop up in my Spotify playlists  and would like what I hear but ever really sought them out.  Seeing them live made me a fan.  Wanted to grab a axe and pillage the town of somerset.    Best part was all the Viking shit and them getting the crowd to yell Skol in Wisconsin!  

Fuck the packers 

Was on a trip to Florida a couple weeks ago and saw them for the first time, I was really impressed they were awesome

Seen them 2 times.  Will see them every chance I get. 

Sounds like the name of an Egyptian diety. 

LiveWire -

Sounds like the name of an Egyptian diety. 

Its the Sindarian name for Mount Doom in Lord of the Rings

On the other side of the spectrum,  the band I was most pumped to see, soundgarden,  shit the bed and had the crowd emptying out half way through the set.  Godsmack set them by giving a outstanding performance,  not a huge godsmack fan but they can put on one hell of a live show.  Soundgarden comes on to close out the night and you can just feel the energy just get sucked out of the crowd.  Cornell couldn't sing on key and can't scream,  the sound in general was shit. they changed songs so he doesn't have to hit those screams that made them soundgarden,  it was like a bad cover band. 

I was pretty disappointed with the Northern Invasion lineup.  Amon Amarth is definitely a great show though.  It's probably been about 12-13 years since I last saw them, but would love to catch them again.

icarus4321 -

I was pretty disappointed with the Northern Invasion lineup.  Amon Amarth is definitely a great show though.  It's probably been about 12-13 years since I last saw them, but would love to catch them again.

Yeah it wasn't the greatest,  the headliners were pretty bad besides Godsmack but there were some really good bands on earlier in the day that I had never heard of before.  Motionless in white had a great set.  I hope they learn from this year after all the hate they have been getting about the lineup.  We left after Amon since we had a long drive and no really want to see offspring or kid rock.   Weather was great especially after nearly freezing to death last year.  

Gonna have to give OP a "fuck yeah" in lieu of a vote up

Saw Mastodon this weekend. Not the same thing, but they put on a great show.  Russian Circles opened and they were fuckign awesome! 

Opeth also put on a killer set .  

I have to give Godsmack more love for their set.  They did this probably 20 min double drum solo thing which was awesome.  Sully is a damn good drummer.  You can tell this band loves playing live because their set was flawless.