SC Overturns Bridgegate Convictions 9-0!

Clears Christie and his 2 associates.

Yeah, Obama DOJ wasn't political at all!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/07/chris-christie-slams-obama-doj-after-supreme-court-overturns-bridgegate-convictions/

Chris Christie Slams Obama DOJ After Supreme Court Overturns Bridgegate Convictions; Update: Trump Responds

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie slammed President Barack Obama’s Department of Justice (DOJ) on Thursday, after the U.S. Supreme Court tossed out the convictions of two aides involved in “Bridgegate.”

The Bridgegate scandal emerged in early 2014 after Christie was re-elected overwhelmingly in November 2013, with bipartisan support. It was alleged that aides to Gov. Christie ordered lane closures on the road leading to the George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee, New Jersey, possibly as retribution for the mayor’s refusal to endorse Christie for re-election. Several were investigated and convicted by the Obama DOJ.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie slammed President Barack Obama’s Department of Justice (DOJ) on Thursday, after the U.S. Supreme Court tossed out the convictions of two aides involved in “Bridgegate.”

The Bridgegate scandal emerged in early 2014 after Christie was re-elected overwhelmingly in November 2013, with bipartisan support. It was alleged that aides to Gov. Christie ordered lane closures on the road leading to the George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee, New Jersey, possibly as retribution for the mayor’s refusal to endorse Christie for re-election. Several were investigated and convicted by the Obama DOJ.

This is not MAGA. At all.

Those people deserved what they got and more.

Christie can go fuck himself along with all of his lackeys.

You're not from here, Cami, so let me tell you flat out..  these people are not worth defending.

1 Like

Altofsky -

You're not from here, Cami, so let me tell you flat out..  these people are not worth defending.

Fair enough my friend. I didn't MAGA the thread, but I found the 9-0 ruling to be pretty unusal.

Yeah, it looks like what they did while abhorrent was not technically illegal. SCOTUS isn't supposed to legislate from the bench, so that part makes sense. 

It's just not something to be pleased with. Those people may well be anti-left, but they're also scumbags who fucked over thousands of northeastern Americans due to their own petty grudges.

Christie is still a useless fat POS 

Altofsky -

Haha. All OP knows is what he reads on his echo chamber news sites without proper knowledge of the circumstances. 

1 Like

Altofsky - 

Yeah, it looks like what they did while abhorrent was not technically illegal. SCOTUS isn't supposed to legislate from the bench, so that part makes sense. 

It's just not something to be pleased with. Those people may well be anti-left, but they're also scumbags who fucked over thousands of northeastern Americans due to their own petty grudges.

Ultimately this.

It's not like Republicans got a magical pass that let them get around traffic.

EVERYONE got fucked when they did that...