Schaub: "I can definitely hold that title-belt"

bleacherreport.com/articles/752045-ufc-134-brendan-schaub-i-can-definitely-hold-that-title-belt-one-day 

Ed Kapp: Again, assuming you win, what do you feel is the next step in your career?

Brendan Schaub: Assuming I win? I haven’t really thought about that, but I think a win will put me pretty close to that number-one contender spot. That’s not for me to decide, but that definitely puts me up there. If I can go out and beat Nogueira convincingly, I can make a pretty good argument for me being up there.

What would that championship belt mean to you?

It would be a dream-come-true; a championship is why I do this. I don’t do this to be a guy in the UFC; I do this to be the best and put on exciting fights. Those guys that are, you know, .500 fighters or guys that are just in the UFC aren’t going to have long careers. For me, it’s about longevity and being one of the superstars of the UFC—that’s why I do this.

How far do you feel you can go in this sport?

Ah, man—I can definitely hold that title-belt one day. The sky is the limit.

What will you be satisfied with when it’s all said and done?

Going down as one of the greatest ever, man. Being in the heavyweight division, you can do that nowadays; the competition is so stiff and there are so many legends. You can do it, you’ve just got to stay focused and beat these guys one at a time.

bleacherreport.com/articles/752045-ufc-134-brendan-schaub-i-can-definitely-hold-that-title-belt-one-day