School chaperones get fingerprinted?

My gf takes her class to Boston museum of science every year. She was telling me that any parent that chaperones has to get fingerprinted in advance and that the school district pays for it. I guess I'd be happy as a parent but pretty sad it's gotten to that. Any of you had to do that or is my state just full of child molesters? Phone Post 3.0

Girly - My gf takes her class to Boston museum of science every year. She was telling me that any parent that chaperones has to get fingerprinted in advance and that the school district pays for it. I guess I'd be happy as a parent but pretty sad it's gotten to that. Any of you had to do that or is my state just full of child molesters? Phone Post 3.0

DON'T YOU HOME SCHOOL?

thats just crazy.  i wouldn't submit to that. i think that i going to far. protecting children is great but  this is a lil to much and it would likley make less people willing to come 

Drunkie - 

thats just crazy.  i wouldn't submit to that. i think that i going to far. protecting children is great but  this is a lil to much and it would likley make less people willing to come 

"it would likley make less people willing to come"

honestly that's probably part of it

i know at my kids schools there are a few field trips and activities that they make the parents pay or drive their own vehicles to the place because they get so many parents wanting to do it if they can ride on the bus and not have to pay.

Tbh, I don't really want my prints in a system Phone Post 3.0

My school board parents have to have a background check every year and they pay for it. Phone Post 3.0

Pretjah -
Drunkie - 

"it would likley make less people willing to come"

honestly that's probably part of it

i know at my kids schools there are a few field trips and activities that they make the parents pay or drive their own vehicles to the place because they get so many parents wanting to do it if they can ride on the bus and not have to pay.

wow times have changed from when i went to school.  teachers had to beg to get anyone to make there parents come. many feild trips got canceled because there wasn't enough chaperones

They started this recently in my district.

I couldn't care less, it is more a libabilty move than anything.

Yes, to volunteer in my children's school or have contact with the students I had to take a class and submit to a background check and fingerprints.

Fine by me. Phone Post 3.0

You have to pass a criminal record check here to take kids on field trips. I have no problem with it. Phone Post 3.0

Oh...fingerPRINTED.

Read it fast and thought you said fingered. I'd sign up for that field trip as a parent.

My son's school you have to get a fbi background check before your allowed to chaperone Phone Post 3.0

DirtySanchez513 - My son's school you have to get a fbi background check before your allowed to chaperone Phone Post 3.0
Hope they don't check for message board screennames Phone Post 3.0

Girly - My gf takes her class to Boston museum of science every year. She was telling me that any parent that chaperones has to get fingerprinted in advance and that the school district pays for it. I guess I'd be happy as a parent but pretty sad it's gotten to that. Any of you had to do that or is my state just full of child molesters? Phone Post 3.0
I blame the news. It's not like violent crime has gone up or some shit. Everyone is scared as fuck of everything and it's worked its way into the system.
Now everyone needs a background check to buy a fucking lollipop Phone Post 3.0

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye -
Girly - My gf takes her class to Boston museum of science every year. She was telling me that any parent that chaperones has to get fingerprinted in advance and that the school district pays for it. I guess I'd be happy as a parent but pretty sad it's gotten to that. Any of you had to do that or is my state just full of child molesters? Phone Post 3.0
I blame the news. It's not like violent crime has gone up or some shit. Everyone is scared as fuck of everything and it's worked its way into the system.
Now everyone needs a background check to buy a fucking lollipop Phone Post 3.0
No they dont. Stop spreading lies. Phone Post 3.0

With kids, its always better safe than sorry!