School choice question for parents

Mr. Wright -
Co3 - 
cruedi -

The question is where are the parents going to be?  Is this a case staying with one parent?

Wife would move from Montana.

I travel 50% of the year, but a lot of the travel is to DC area so days with family would be big net increase. 

it's a no brainer then.

if she can be around both parents and go to school in DC that's the direction you go. period. the end.

she'll get the best of both worlds going to school in DC and spending her summers in montana.

Tend to agree on that.  Would get an additional 60-70 days a year with family.  This is the only one of my five kids that I’ve really prioritized in life.  My others are great but I am pretty selfish and was completely checked out for a lot of their childhoods.  

Son though, not daughter but don’t think that changes the analysis. He will miss out on some fun things growing up like animals, atvs, plinking, skiing.  Those will become vacation things not everyday things. 

Low T Low IQ -
Co3 -
Mr. Wright -

DC proper or one of the suburbs like alexandria or arlington?

personally, if it's in the suburbs i'd send my kid to school in DC and have him spend summers in Montana.

DC proper

hard pass on that, trust me

suburbs in virginia, fine, but LOL @ ever sending your kid to a DC public school

FUCK THAT !

I don’t know. I’ve observed the school. It seems pretty good. Children seem to play together well and teachers are nice enough. There’s a catholic school too, but that’s actually more frightening to me. 

Co3 - 
Mr. Wright -
Co3 - 
cruedi -

The question is where are the parents going to be?  Is this a case staying with one parent?

I travel 50% of the year, but a lot of the travel is to DC area so days with family would be big net increase. 

it's a no brainer then.

if she can be around both parents and go to school in DC that's the direction you go. period. the end.

she'll get the best of both worlds going to school in DC and spending her summers in montana.

Tend to agree on that.  Would get an additional 60-70 days a year with family.  This is the only one of my five kids that I’ve really prioritized in life.  My others are great but I am pretty selfish and was completely checked out for a lot of their childhoods.  

Son though, not daughter but don’t think that changes the analysis. He will miss out on some fun things growing up like animals, atvs, plinking, skiing.  Those will become vacation things not everyday things. 

son? even more important for you to be around as much as possible. 

if the school is legit i wouldn't think twice about it. 

my parents did something similar when i was 7.

we moved from a 3000sq ft house on an acre lot that backed up to over 500 acres of woods in northwest indiana to huntington beach ca, to a 1500sq ft house only a mile from the ocean. it was all work related and my parents hated leaving but i got to grow up at the beach and in the woods when i went back and visited. 

in the end it was an insanely tough decision at the time (they literally left everyone and almost everything behind to move to CA) but looking back my parents (and my sister and I) couldn't be happier that they made the decision to move.

Went from living in the country to living in Rochester MN as a kid,. It sucked.  Luckly we only stayed there for 2 years before moving back to a small town .   I couldn't imagine growing up in a place like DC,. For me it would be hell on Earth and I would file for emancipation from my parents .  

Co3 -
Low T Low IQ -
Co3 -
Mr. Wright -

DC proper or one of the suburbs like alexandria or arlington?

personally, if it's in the suburbs i'd send my kid to school in DC and have him spend summers in Montana.

DC proper

hard pass on that, trust me

suburbs in virginia, fine, but LOL @ ever sending your kid to a DC public school

FUCK THAT !

I don’t know. I’ve observed the school. It seems pretty good. Children seem to play together well and teachers are nice enough. There’s a catholic school too, but that’s actually more frightening to me. 

jus tread that it means more time for your kid to be with both parents, then def choose DC, as that trumps everything else

but dont fret about Catholic Schools

i attended Catholic School from Prek through High school (all boys high school) and wouldnt change it for the world

and i went back in the 80s and 90s, and it wasnt anything like people imagine it to be

when i was in school ,parents and teachers would always talk about the difference btw Catholic school students and the public school students in our town......i didnt realize until i was older what they really meant

Catholic Schools don't "bus" in kids from other districts, and that "no child left behind " bullshit is non existent

if a certain kid is being a terror, he gets the boot, unlike public schools where thye have no choice but to keep terrible kids

the typical catholic school teacher tends to be/seem of a higher caliber than your typical public school teacher, esp a public school teacher in a metro area, that is for sure

Co3 -
Mr. Wright -
Co3 - 
cruedi -

it's a no brainer then.

you can get all that outdoor stuff in nearby Virginia, West Virginia, and southern PA

Nothing beats rural small town life and schools,just look at the skinny jean wearing snowflakes that are coming from the cities.It used to be just the universities that were brain washing kids into these creeps but now it's starting way younger,just look at all the schools protesting after the shooting.Its not the kids pushing the agendas it's the liberal teachers.