schoolboy breaks his spine at school - NSFW

https://youtu.be/LpG15N5zfus

As his classmates look on, Alexander dives onto the mat but lands awkwardly on his head and is left lying flat on his back, unable to move.

Realising something has gone disastrously wrong, the teacher gets down on her knees alongside Alexander as his shocked classmates gather round.

He was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital where he was diagnosed with a compression fracture of the spine.

Classmates gather round after the accident 

Doctors say they managed to save the damaged nerve endings in his spine and that he will enjoy a normal life once he has recovered.

However, Alexander faces two months of lying flat on his back in hospital while his injuries heal.

He is believed to be a fifth grader, which would make him between 10 and 11 years old.

The PE teacher was sacked from her job for failing to adequately supervise the exercise class.

However, her fellow teachers are unhappy as they say the video clearly shows the boy did not follow her instructions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5201659/Horrifying-moment-schoolboy-breaks-spine-school.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Later

happen at my HS. Kid tumbling broke his neck and was paralysed from neck down

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

damn.

Hikikomori - 
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

damn.

Holy shit. Terrible. Fuck, scariest thing about being a kid and physical activity, impact on the neck and spine. It sucks but it occasionally happens. And one reason why I never learned inverted guard. Not worth the risk.
Kids jump and tumble around but every now and then life changes in an instant. No way to safeguard it. Kids need to move.

I dunno why they fired the teacher - how were they supposed to prevent that?

Few things scare me more than paralysis and spine injuries. It doesn’t take much to break a neck, and you watch your kids tumbling around you cringe thinking about it

BajiKimran - I dunno why they fired the teacher - how were they supposed to prevent that?

This is embarrassing? They fired her for a kid tumbling? She's standing right fucking there. I almost feel like starting an online petition for her. Fuck that school. Someone should start an e-mail campaign to the school. E-mail and call it all days for weeks thousands of times.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

Goddamn 

Holy shit, that didnt look the least bit "dangerous".

Iirc wasn’t there a video posted on here of a high school kid who head butted a basketball poll during a game in anger and shattered his spine?

Guys, I refuse to watch that video because I have a kid. OP, please delete the video if you don't mind. Thanks.

Fabes -

Guys, I refuse to watch that video because I have a kid. OP, please delete the video if you don't mind. Thanks.

Its honestly not as bad as it sounds. I have a child as well and didn't think it was terrible. 

Fabes - 

I'm the same way I can't watch 99% of the videos I used to watch but this one wasn't too bad

Sigh, ok.

JoeTheWildRover -
Fabes - 

I'm the same way I can't watch 99% of the videos I used to watch but this one wasn't too bad

Visually it’s not graphic, but seeing how stupid of a thing led to such a serious break is scary for parents. Every parent has watched their kids tumble. Teach them to always tuck their head 

The video isn't bad at all and I dont like watching gross shit.  What a fluke accident, glad the kid is going to make a full recovery. 

Fabes -

People are such fucking pansies 

disbeliever -

Iirc wasn’t there a video posted on here of a high school kid who head butted a basketball poll during a game in anger and shattered his spine?

He's supposed to make a full recovery, it's not like this is a beheading video. 

disbeliever -