Science is a Reigion

Res ipsa loquitar -
Harlem Savoy - 
Res ipsa loquitar -

Hi HS! How was your viewing partaay!?

The fights were so good that I enjoyed my party.

It would have been far better with Phooey, Garr and yourself though. Phone Post 3.0

next time.

Book it. I am serious. My house. Phone Post 3.0

Harlem Savoy -
SpaceWizard -
Harlem Savoy - Some of the most brilliant engineering resolutions I have seen during my career have come from QC inspectors with no degree.....

I prefer to allow whatever truth to come out from whatever source it arrives in. Labels and degrees don't define intelligence.

I also can see where expertise and study in a specific science will give better perspective on subject matter.

At the end of the day, those that seek to always learn, will do that. Those that think they know it all, will receive the reward of that thought process. Phone Post 3.0
What do you do for a living, if you don't mind my asking? Phone Post 3.0
Quality/Regulatory/Supplier management/Design Control, etc for Medical Device manufacturer.

Many hats. Phone Post 3.0
Let me ask you this, do you think there could be any corruption in scientific/medical research as it stands today? Phone Post 3.0

Harlem Savoy -
Cutty McButts -
Hauntedmemory - Spelling is obviously not your reigion Phone Post 3.0
LOL. Guess that makes two of you! Phone Post 3.0
For all intensive porpoises, I think you missed his joke, moran! Phone Post 3.0
I did, until a millisecond after I posted. Then I scrambled to log into the site from my browser to edit. But alas, t'was two late. Phone Post 3.0

Cutty McButts -
Harlem Savoy -
Cutty McButts -
Hauntedmemory - Spelling is obviously not your reigion Phone Post 3.0
LOL. Guess that makes two of you! Phone Post 3.0
For all intensive porpoises, I think you missed his joke, moran! Phone Post 3.0
I did, until a millisecond after I posted. Then I scrambled to log into the site from my browser to edit. But alas, t'was two late. Phone Post 3.0
Been there. ;)

You'll weather the storm, me lad. Phone Post 3.0

Harlem Savoy - Some of the most brilliant engineering resolutions I have seen during my career have come from QC inspectors with no degree.....

I prefer to allow whatever truth to come out from whatever source it arrives in. Labels and degrees don't define intelligence.

I also can see where expertise and study in a specific science will give better perspective on subject matter.

At the end of the day, those that seek to always learn, will do that. Those that think they know it all, will receive the reward of that thought process. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think that's what OP is trying to discus.
The point is that unless you yourself have done the science (be it through experiments, or by being fluent enough to fully understand results and findings in others' science) that you're just taking it on faith that these findings are true.
It's not about credible sources of knowledge, it's about the difference between faith and experience, that there are those who do not understand science and therefore it is no different than believing in something else they don't understand: god/religion. Phone Post 3.0

Senester -

The point is that unless you yourself have done the science (be it through experiments, or by being fluent enough to fully understand results and findings in others' science) that you're just taking it on faith that these findings are true.
It's not about credible sources of knowledge, it's about the difference between faith and experience, that there are those who do not understand science and therefore it is no different than believing in something else they don't understand: god/religion. Phone Post 3.0
Nailed it, but HS isn't far off, and I am genuinely interested in his opinion. Phone Post 3.0

Of America? Of Africa?

God damn it OP you can't drop a bomb like this and then not even tell us what it's a fucking region of Phone Post 3.0

"of course there is some corruption. How is OP to evaluate that corruption as a person that is not trained in science without becoming the zealot he claims others are?"

This is too delicious to leave alone.

So, 'of course' there is corruption in science, but only those trained in the corrupted art themselves can actually call it out? Got it. Phone Post 3.0

SpaceWizard -
Senester -

Nailed it, but HS isn't far off, and I am genuinely interested in his opinion. Phone Post 3.0
Double-edged sword.

I meant my point as an addition but it's almost like speaking the obvious point.

The pursuit of knowledge or Scientific study is wonderful. What you do with that is truly what matters.

I tried to respond to your other question but it lagged out.

To answer your question, yes.

I have seen many biased test results, validation protocols that slant towards the writer's intended target and scientific white papers that clearly have an agenda.

But the reverse is also true. I always consider the source and test every idea or thought presented. Even if it is outside of my specialization. For this reason, I will review the data with an unbiased subject matter expert Phone Post 3.0

"I have seen many biased test results, validation protocols that slant towards the writer's intended target and scientific white papers that clearly have an agenda.

But the reverse is also true. I always consider the source and test every idea or thought presented. Even if it is outside of my specialization. For this reason, I will review the data with an unbiased subject matter expert."

You're a good man. But you're ONE good man. Anyone that thinks the FDA or the CDC is beyond lies is a sad case. Phone Post 3.0

SpaceWizard - "I have seen many biased test results, validation protocols that slant towards the writer's intended target and scientific white papers that clearly have an agenda.

But the reverse is also true. I always consider the source and test every idea or thought presented. Even if it is outside of my specialization. For this reason, I will review the data with an unbiased subject matter expert."

You're a good man. But you're ONE good man. Anyone that thinks the FDA or the CDC is beyond lies is a sad case. Phone Post 3.0
I report to the FDA by regulatory requirement. I am well aware of the bias. Phone Post 3.0

Res ipsa loquitar -
SpaceWizard - "of course there is some corruption. How is OP to evaluate that corruption as a person that is not trained in science without becoming the zealot he claims others are?"

This is too delicious to leave alone.

So, 'of course' there is corruption in science, but only those trained in the corrupted art themselves can actually call it out? Got it. Phone Post 3.0

If not you are evaluating from what knowledge base? You do realize people trained in science LOVE showing our counterparts that are wrong? You think we function like some internal investigation in a corrupt police department..

Your foundation to critisize is one of faith. ..What you call zealotry in the OP.

Its your corner you backed yourself into. Enjoy it.

Add to that, nobody is calling the method of science corrupt. Another misunderstanding as only could be read by someone that doesnt understand its a process, not an institution.

I don't feel as if I've backed myself into any corner. You obsessively reply to anything I post, although I don't know if it's just me, because you apparently don't spent much time away from the phone or computer. Phone Post 3.0

Harlem Savoy -
SpaceWizard - "I have seen many biased test results, validation protocols that slant towards the writer's intended target and scientific white papers that clearly have an agenda.

I report to the FDA by regulatory requirement. I am well aware of the bias. Phone Post 3.0
Let's talk about the FDA corruption, then, if we could? You seem to be close to it. Phone Post 3.0

"Let's talk about the FDA corruption, then, if we could? You seem to be close to it."

Unfortunately, that's not an avenue I am willing to travel down. I still have to work in the industry. Sharing an opinion and unpacking that opinion are two different things. Especially, on a public forum. ;) Phone Post 3.0

Res ipsa loquitar -

"You obsessively reply to anything I post,"

just returning the favor as you did to me in other threads.

Dude, I am begging you right now to leave me alone. I do not have the time to get into some UG dick-measuring contest with you. You've invested way more time in this shit than I have, I applaud you for being a cool Internet guy, but I'm sick of you following me around, man, it's fuckin gay. Phone Post 3.0

Harlem Savoy - "Let's talk about the FDA corruption, then, if we could? You seem to be close to it."

Unfortunately, that's not an avenue I am willing to travel down. I still have to work in the industry. Sharing an opinion and unpacking that opinion are two different things. Especially, on a public forum. ;) Phone Post 3.0
Well, is there anything you'd like to say anonymously? And honestly, do you trust the FDA? Phone Post 3.0

^^^ Kids, that's what happens when your online life is the only life you have. Phone Post 3.0

Harlem Savoy - "Let's talk about the FDA corruption, then, if we could? You seem to be close to it."

^^^ I wanna hear more about this. Phone Post 3.0

SpaceWizard -

Well, is there anything you'd like to say anonymously? And honestly, do you trust the FDA? Phone Post 3.0
I don't trust anyone with a job to regulate something under the guise of patient/industry safety when the actual auditors are determined to find problems.

They feel like they have failed if they don't leave some minor or major finding and warning. Even if it is just a paper audit trail finding. There are far bigger problems to dig in and send warning letters for than GDP and process improvement. Sadly, the larger companies have definitely paid/supported/hired current and former FDA officials.

That's about as far as I will go with this. This is common knowledge. Phone Post 3.0

Harlem, that's some real shit, man, I applaud you for that. Phone Post 3.0