Science: Liberal belief linked to psychotic traits

http://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong.

Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

Source study:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ajps.12216/full Phone Post 3.0

That article is crazy. They did a study, examined and published the results, but fucked up and interpreted the results in reverse. How the fuck does that happen?

They can't even keep straight which group they are attacking and they wonder why nobody takes them seriously as scientists. Phone Post 3.0

"Correlation not Causation" and “personality traits do not cause people to develop political attitudes.”

In for people to claim the opposite.

NY Post aka NEWSPEAK, the Post is a Murdoch-owned rag only good for sports Phone Post 3.0

All you have to do is look at the protestors at a Trump rally and you could figure this out. They are sociopaths who try to justify their actions by calling it social activism.

I'm not sure what a political science journal is doing psychoanalytic studies for (seems like an appeal to an irrelevant authority on the surface) but here's the rest of what it says.

"In the paper, psychoticism is associated with traits such as tough-mindedness, risk-taking, sensation-seeking, impulsivity and authoritarianism."

"and where the original manuscript reports those higher in neuroticism and social desirability are more liberal, they are, in fact, more conservative.”"

"The social-desirability scale measures people’s tendency to answer questions in ways they believe would please researchers, even if it means overestimating their positive characteristics and underestimating negative ones."

and since the article doesn't provide a defintion of neurotism here's wikis

"Neuroticism is a fundamental personality trait in the study of psychology characterized by anxiety, fear, moodiness, worry, envy, frustration, jealousy, and loneliness."

In summary, what's its saying is that conservatism goes hand in hand with being scared and anxious, and generally emotionally upset. while also being prone to telling people what they want to hear.

and liberalism goes hand in hand with being tough and adventurous.

sounds ab out right actually.

whoops. thread backfire

TravenBJJ - Ttt Phone Post 3.0

HA

TTT to expose Traven's chickenshit nature!

Ari is definitely a psychopath.

Attack the source fallacy and the like are great indicators. Phone Post 3.0

Team Cup - Ari is definitely a psychopath.

Agreed.  He/she certainly is.

Team Cup - Ari is definitely a psychopath.

1)when the source is an appeal to authority, the source matters greatly, and a apparently you don't know what an appeal to irrelevant authority is. this is basic logical reasoning.

2)I didn't say the source was invalid.

3)you just attempted an ad hominem. a fallacy in this case. I am not the source the information. your article is. so whether I am psychotic or not is irrelevant. again basic logical reasoning, which apparently you lack.

4)assuming what the source says is true, it makes sense that you'd react the way you are. essentially, emotionally.

5)you response and posting of this seems to indicate you agree with it.

so you think that conservatives are mostly emotional creatures walking around the world shook as shit?

Tiresias -
player101 -

That article is crazy. They did a study, examined and published the results, but fucked up and interpreted the results in reverse. How the fuck does that happen?

Chart was upside down. Phone Post 3.0
Lol. Vu. Phone Post 3.0

Team Cup - Ari is definitely a psychopath.

also, you are begging the question. since when is attacking a source an indicator of psychotic behavior? do you actually understand what any of these works means? I'm guessing no, and I'm also guessing you didn't read the article

because this was an EPIC BACKFIRE

I'm going to assume it's bothering a lot of you (clearly it upset Team Cup and Glovegate ((see their responses))m that this article from the NY Post is calling conservatives weak minded.

over 200 views since I posted, and those are the only two responses. not a single attempt at a rebuttal.

Big_Data - 
Ari2 - In summary, what's its saying is that conservatism goes hand in hand with being scared and anxious, and generally emotionally upset. while also being prone to telling people what they want to hear.

and liberalism goes hand in hand with being tough and adventurous.

sounds ab out right actually.

I noticed you left out the part that indicated liberals are prone to cheating, drug using, gambling, etc. 

negative. I reposted this

"risk-taking, sensation-seeking, impulsivity"

It goes hand in hand. conservatives are scared. liberals aren't. at least according to team cups article.

I frankly don't think there's anything controversial here.

Wow. Ari is upset and exhibiting obsessive behavior. Sure sign of psychopathy. Phone Post 3.0

Also, I'm not a conservative and I don't vote so I have no dog in this race. Phone Post 3.0

Team Cup - Wow. Ari is upset and exhibiting obsessive behavior. Sure sign of psychopathy. Phone Post 3.0

no. those are actually different diagnosises.

and they aren't correlated.

I think you need to learn your native language.

I'm going to assume all these mistakes you keep making are because you're currently disregulated due to the amount of anxiety you're feeling over finding out your an emotional wimp (according to your article)