SCIENTIFICWRESTLING Encyclopedia 2

Dear Friends, Family, Wrestlers, MMA'ers, and physical culture historians;

Volume II of the highly acclaimed Authoritative Encyclopedia of Scientific Wrestling is now available!

Click here to order

Now at your disposal are the classics:

-Life Work of Farmer Burns (filled with tons of instuctional photographs and such great chapters as "Farmer Burns' Theory of Time" and "The Art of Self-Protection")

-
The Complete Science of Wrestling by World Champion George Hackenschmidt (read about Hack's thoughts on "Greco-Roman, Ju-Jitsu, and Other Styles of Wrestling Valuable Training for Catch-As-Catch-Can" and "The Wrestler's Physical Qualities and How They Should Be Cultivated")

-
Modern Wrestling Holds by Ex-Olympic Champion E.R.Voigt (learn such holds as the "Cross-Bar Toe Hold", the brutal "King Pin", and many many more!).

-Also,
an exclusive interview with one of the last legitimate Catch-As-Catch-Can authorities, Billy Wicks (a man that has gone to the post with his wrestling competitively and as a law enforcement officer)!

Volume II has some killer material, these are all fundamentally important resources in the heritage of scientific wrestling, especially catch-as-catch-can rules matches.

1) The Farmer Burns book is really great with tons of photos, look how much you'd have to spend to own the vintage edition of this information (
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29223&item=6924927624&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW )

2) The Hackenschmidt book is quite cool and very expensive as well (
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=310933758)

3) The E.R.Voigt book is unavailable anywhere else that I could find on the web. It is CHOCKED full of great technique photos.

Anyway, check out the newly designed jacket too. Hope you guys like! 

ORDER HERE NOW

Best wishes and enjoy!!!

Kind regards,

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />st1:PersonNameJake Shannon/st1:PersonName/o:p

Ps. Here is some praise for volume I of the AESW:

"The Authoritative Encyclopedia of Scientific Wrestling is an extrememly pleasant walk down the sport's memory lane. Almost 500 pages of century old techniques that every modern day wrestler thinks he invented. It's a must have for anyone who has spent more than one season in America's wrestling rooms."

-Wade Schalles, wrestling legend, NCAA Judo All-American, 9th Degree Black Belt and multi-time champion in Sombo, and the Guiness Book of World Records all-time leader in wrestling victories.

"FANTASTIC encyclopedia on wrestling, this needs to be in the Library of Congress!"

-Billy Wicks, Catch As Catch Can Wrestling Legend and retired Law Enforcement Officer  

"Grapplers: BUY THIS BOOK!!!! This is a great book, especially for people with a historical interest in wrestling. I've already collected several of the books that went into this and now it's great to have the whole series. I've been hunting for the rest of Ed Lewis' work for a while now… Anyone interested in Wrestling, Submission Grappling, BJJ, MMA, etc should get this book. Many Gems from some of the best."

-Benjamin Bradley

/O:P

"Jake has done the Western Martial Arts community a service by republishing these texts, making them widely available to a new generation of grapplers!"

-Mark Hatmaker, www.extremeselfprotection.com

"This collection is a testament to how the true champions of catch wrestling trained… I especially enjoyed the Scientific Wrestling Lexicon, it was packed with information and descriptions of techniques and short bios of the greatest catch wrestlers of the past era. It was money well spent and I eagerly await Volume II."

-Jeremy Frost, Massachusetts

"This is a very nice and impressive book, and, as the author of 16 books myself, I know how much work goes into such a project… The book will be placed in our library here at the museum, so that others can have access to it."

-Mike Chapman, Executive Director of the International Wrestling Institute and Museum

"A tremendous, spectacular text filled with fascinating material!! ...Strangler Lewis, Earl Liederman, the notes on gouging, I'm only 1/3 of the way and I've found interesting thoughts and memorabilia on each page! Thanks for this treasure & congratulations!"

-Dick Cardinal, former professional wrestler and Catch As Catch Can Wrestling Legend

"Phenomenal collection!!! Jake Shannon has put together a collection of very rare books that should be part of every wrestlers Library! I have been collecting rare wrestling books for years and I know that some of the books in this collection are worth hundreds of dollars each! Better yet, some of the books in this Encyclopedia are near impossible to find at all. Fantastically put together this is by far the single best collection of rare wrestling material ever compiled and I am grateful to Jake for his exhaustive work on this project! I look forward to future volumes of The Authoritive Encyclopedia of Scientific Wrestling!!!"

-Bill Cogswell, www.groundfight.com

/O:P

Thanks for the support El Guapo, that WAS some epic trolling...

Great News! The first Volume was really good!

Thanks!!

TTT to you Jake! You have always been a very driven person. You have impressed me with your passion for this sport!

We still have to get together and talk. I've got some good stories about the old Denver Pro-wrestling scene!

Email me anytime or I'll find you... ;^)

TTT

TTT

By the way, when you purchase from Lulu the shopping cart chops off the second numeral in the Roman numeral II. Please note that it actually refers to volume 2, NOT, volume 1 (volume 1 will not have the words "Volume I" in the shopping cart, and only subsequent volumes will be differentiated by putting the word "Volume" at the end of the title...)

SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION! (and thank you Mr. Hatmaker for pointing out the bug in the shopping cart!! )

ttt

ttt

TTT

Ttt

ttt

ttt

Quit TTTing your own thread damnit! ;)