Scientists believe covid came from a lab...but discussion would hurt China

Leading British and US scientists thought it was likely that Covid accidentally leaked from a laboratory but were concerned that further debate would harm science in China, emails show…

1 Like

So they lied to us for the sake of China’s ego… I don’t know if I buy this. It’s certainly not beneath them to do this, I just think that the US and probably UK have more to do with it. More than likely it’s our money that funded this disaster and more than likely the danger was obvious and they rubber stamped it anyhow

6 Likes

File it under “no shit”

You have to be on another planet of delusion to still believe it came from a wet market.

I think we are past the point of “if” it came from a lab. At least if this leaked DARPA report to the Inspector General is accurate. It’s already been corroborated by Major Murphy, the DARPA personnel who wrote it.

Of course it came from the lab. I meant I don’t know if I buy the reason they didn’t tell us it came from the Wuhan lab. Which was because it would negatively impact “Science” in China. Sounds like a weak and absolutely ridiculous claim. Much like “They attacked our Embassy because of a Youtube video”.

Right. If it was definitively determined that the deadliest pandemic in 100 years came from gain of function research, that would put a kink in future funding, their jobs, and scientific credibility as a whole. They ain’t saying shit.