Scott Coker confirms Diaz called off Mayhem bout

From Ariel's interview with Coker:

You know, we were this close to making that fight happen. And you know what? Nick Diaz actually called and said to one of my guys, 'Listen, right now I'm 172 pounds. It's a lot of weight. Maybe next year I'll be willing to fight him but I need more time.' So that's what will happen.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/15/1936460/scott-coker-talks-strikeforce-diaz-vs-cyborg

so he is walking around at 172...

lol

is coker a mayham monkey now?

diaz just outed the whole 209 as a bunch of pussies...

crazy that miller couldn't/wouldn't cut 2 more lbs for the biggest fight of his career. not to mention that he would have been fighting in a main event and actually making the televised card on showtime.

This whole Mayhem - Diaz feud is an embarrassing circus.

I don't like Mayhem so I'm happy he didn't get a reward for all his stupid trash talk, but LOL at Nick turning the fight down after he was fighting at 185 when the division was weaker.

Is there something wrong with Scott Coker or something?

He just went through an entire 10 minuet interview without dropping an F-bomb or swearing at all and he didnt even bash any fighters or other organizations!

What is this? Shouldnt he be like swearing all the time and making fun of fighters saying how much they suck? Oh wait...

CRE -  I love some of your posts and others... not so much but I have to tip my hat to you and say you really are getting your moneys worth out of  your blue name.  

Monsters Ball - It's funny but the weight wasn't an issue when he jumped Mayhem with a bunch of his friends.

This is fact. Like it or not, this is fact.

glupe - Mayhem wanted the fight at 183 Diaz wanted it at 180 or 181

In other words, the champ at 170 agreed to fight 11 lbs. higher, but the guy who fights at 185 only agreed to cut 2 lbs. Hell, when Mayhem fought Shields, he weighed in at 184.

sside maurice - 
glupe - Mayhem wanted the fight at 183 Diaz wanted it at 180 or 181

In other words, the champ at 170 agreed to fight 11 lbs. higher, but the guy who fights at 185 only agreed to cut 2 lbs. Hell, when Mayhem fought Shields, he weighed in at 184.

"I can make 185, I'll fight at that weight. I want someone to offer me the fight if that's what's up" Nick Diaz – October 9th, 2010

William Colosimo - 
Monsters Ball - It's funny but the weight wasn't an issue when he jumped Mayhem with a bunch of his friends.

thats because that was a "streetfight", where one of his friends was in possible physical danger. If someone attacks one of your friends on the street, you fight.

A sportfight is different. Miller fights in a weighclass above. Diaz asked for time to put on good weight. He was nice to say that, he has no need to fight Miller at all.
I see what you did there William. 

LOL

Nick Diaz: "I ain't got no problem getting there and fighting the best people in the world."

How does Mayhem qualify?

fakezaga - Nick Diaz: "I ain't got no problem getting there and fighting the best people in the world."

How does Mayhem qualify?

How does that jive with the guys he's been fighting? Do any of them qualify?

He did the same shit to KJ that Mayhem is doing to him...

mayhem is one crazy fucker. love that dude (no homo) he doesnt take himself seriously

drop the two pounds Mayhem and lay a beating on Diaz once and for all.

Diaz will end up in UFC eventually. Phone Post

haha outed by the boss. Now he admintingly said the 2 pounds on millers part was a problem,but it sounds to me that had something worked out otherwise why would diaz call them and tell them he is at 172 and can't put the weight on. This guy is a mouthpiece just like kids i grew up with yeah they were tough and had some game but when it came down to fighting someone they didn't feel they were just leaps and bounds better then they wanted no part of it haha,

Personally i could give 2 sh*ts less who wins i just want to see the fight because it's obvios these two hate each other and that makes for great fights,but wether your a fan of one or the other it def seems like one of them just wants to talk about being a fighter and killing top comp and the other is at least willing to fight a champion. If the belt is not a paper champ kind of thing for old diaz like people say then to me it shows that mayhem is going after top comp and diaz is fighting guy's who are 1-2 in the ww division take that for what you will.

On a side note if diaz is walking around at 172 before they even had a fight signed for him the dude must have some solid work ethic when it comes to training all bs aside. Why else would you stay that lean(for him anyway because i believe diaz could fight 155 if he really wanted to) for no damn reason when you could be letting your body rest.