Scott Coker: Strikeforce sale rumours untrue

http://www.mmarising.com/news/2010/09/02/scott-coker-strikeforce-sale-rumours-untrue/

Contrary to rumours circulating online today, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker tells MMARising.com that his company is not for sale. A report earlier today cited a source as having knowledge of an impending sale of Strikeforce, but Coker maintains that the rumours are completely false.

It was announced yesterday that Greg Jamison, President and CEO of Silicon Valley Sports and Entertainment, would be stepping down. SVSE manages the San Jose Sharks, Strikeforce and the HP Pavilion arena, but Jamison's resignation reportedly has no effect on Strikeforce ownership.

There were rumours going around a few hours ago that seem to have spread to a few sites and forums already, but Coker says that there's no truth to this whatsoever.

I believe that the "sale" was first reported by Anthony "Bloodstain" Lane, who is citing a "very reliable source" from Holland, but it would appear right now that this source isn't very reliable at all.

LOL at believing anything that comes from Bloodstain Lane.

What's next?  Are people going to start sourcing Fightlinker again like they did with the Luke Cummo coffee enema story?

basically the ceo of svse is stepping down from his duties.. not leaving the ownership group.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2010/09/01/change-coming-at-the-top-jamison-stepping-down-as-sharks-president-and-ceo/ 

The voice and face of Sharks’ ownership is about to change.

At a morning staff meeting, Greg Jamison told those gathered at HP Pavilion that he is stepping down as the CEO and president of Silicon Valley Sports and Entertainment while remaining part of the ownership group.

No successor was immediately named.

I asked a contact there what prompted the decision at this point in time – health reasons? – and was told Jamison simply felt now was the time to move on.  We’ll all probably learn more at a 2 p.m. news conference at HP Pavilion.

Jamison, 60, has been president of the Sharks since 1996 and became the CEO of the team’s parent organization as well when it was formed in 2002.

On the hockey side, Jamison has worked closely with GM Doug Wilson when it comes to setting the annual payroll. Wilson has stressed over the years that the Sharks are NOT a salary-cap team when it comes to spending, but work within a budget established by the ownership group.

More on this as it develops today.

OMA at it again.. lol

Whoa.. Scott Coker commentating on a rumor.. First time in how long?

LOL at anyone believing a rumor spread on Twitter by someone named "Bloodstain"

Does this even warrant news coverage? You're just giving this idiot attention

Quick5pnt0 -  LOL As if Scott would admit it was true. Just weeks before closing Affliction's doors Tom Atencio said his company was doing great and that he would never give up. A couple weeks before Pride went under Sakikabara said the company was doing great and wasn't having financial problems. Not long before Elite XC shut down Gary Shaw said the rumors of them having problems were untrue. Do you see the pattern? Phone Post

Those are fair points, but PRIDE had the Yakuza scandal, Affliction had the Barnett scandal and EliteXC was running up a massive debt even before Kimbo lost and basically served as the straw that broke the camel's back. Strikeforce has none of those problems.

I don't know how Strikeforce's finances are going, but they certainly aren't as bad as Affliction's, EliteXC's or PRIDE's (post-Yakuza scandal after sponsors backed out). I can definitely appreciate what you're saying, but there are major, major differences between where Strikeforce is at now and where the other three promotions were just before they collapsed.

standupwarrior - LOL at anyone believing a rumor spread on Twitter by someone named "Bloodstain"

Does this even warrant news coverage? You're just giving this idiot attention

Sherdog Forums suggest yes.

And, agreed at giving him attention, but I made zero mention of him in the post itself. If this is indeed all untrue, this simply ruins any credibility that he did have before spreading these rumours. I don't even know who he is, so I'm not in any place to be commenting on whether or not he has ever broken legit news stories. Maybe he has. This doesn't appear to be one of those cases, though.

Since when was SF even for sale? Phone Post

RyannVonDoom - So one rumor that he posted makes him lose all credibility? Interesting. I'm sure if we go through all of your rumors we'll find at least one rumor that didn't turn out to be true.

lol, I could save you the trouble and probably find some examples.

I guess a better analogy is this: If you're not a major MMA media outlet (and, for that matter, even if you are in some cases), you're only as good as your last story because people forget good things that you've done if you post/spread a story that turns out to be horribly untrue. I don't necessarily even agree with that because it's similar to fighters who are passed off as worthless if they happen to (gasp) lose one fight, but MMA fans are fickle.

Regardless, duly noted, my wording in the post you quoted sucked.

Strikeforce will not be around by the end of next year anyways.

MMARising -

Sherdog Forums suggest yes.

And, agreed at giving him attention, but I made zero mention of him in the post itself. If this is indeed all untrue, this simply ruins any credibility that he did have before spreading these rumours. I don't even know who he is, so I'm not in any place to be commenting on whether or not he has ever broken legit news stories. Maybe he has. This doesn't appear to be one of those cases, though.

1.  LOL at the Sherdog forums being a source of legitimate news (and last I checked, Bloodstain and all his followers have been banned from Sherdog for rampant trolling).

2.  If you don't know who he is, I suggest typing in 'bloodstain lane' on youtube and watching a few of his moronic videos.  Then come back here and talk to me about his 'credibility' as a legitimate news source.

Steve4192 -  1.  LOL at the Sherdog forums being a source of legitimate news (and last I checked, Bloodstain and all his followers have been banned from Sherdog for rampant trolling).

2.  If you don't know who he is, I suggest typing in 'bloodstain lane' on youtube and watching a few of his moronic videos.  Then come back here and talk to me about his 'credibility' as a legitimate news source.

No, I meant the reaction on the Sherdog Forums suggested that it was worth posting a brief news piece about because some people there appeared to believe that it was all true without the slightest hint of argument.

And, I'll take your word for it on the video part. I don't know who he is, so I don't want to be bashing him, but if he's bad then so be it.