Scott Coker talks on Mike Goldberg in media scrum

bump incase you missed it

I might be on the spectrum, but I've tweeted him a couple few times and told him to hire Goldie. It's just perfect, it will bring in some casuals and random people who recognize his voice. Also brings credibility sort of in that the  "big UFC guy" is doing this now so it must be legit good fighting if he's calling it. Most importantly the real fans or hardcores (majority I've seen here anyways and this place is the pulse of mma) want to hear Goldie working & calling fights again and if not the UFC than this is just fine. He's better than Sean or whoever, he'll be fine with jimmy 

i think hiring Goldberg will be huge for Bellator many casuals would easily get confused and think there were watching the UFC

I am so confused by the whole Goldberg thing. MMA fans have ragged on him as long as I can remember. He was openly mocked here and on other MMA sites for his abysmal performance for the NFL. Pretty much everyone wanted him gone.

UFC finally decided to get rid of him, and now he's suddenly everyone's favorite commentator. It doesn't make sense.

pbody - I am so confused by the whole Goldberg thing. MMA fans have ragged on him as long as I can remember. He was openly mocked here and on other MMA sites for his abysmal performance for the NFL. Pretty much everyone wanted him gone.

UFC finally decided to get rid of him, and now he's suddenly everyone's favorite commentator. It doesn't make sense.

I know Dana! It's just not fair.

Cliff notes:

Goldie reached out and they are talking to him

Coker is happy with his current team.

Depends on dates and availability of current team. Says there may be a few events that Goldie could fill in.

pbody - I am so confused by the whole Goldberg thing. MMA fans have ragged on him as long as I can remember. He was openly mocked here and on other MMA sites for his abysmal performance for the NFL. Pretty much everyone wanted him gone.

pbody - I am so confused by the whole Goldberg thing. MMA fans have ragged on him as long as I can remember. He was openly mocked here and on other MMA sites for his abysmal performance for the NFL. Pretty much everyone wanted him gone.

Bandwagons my friend. You just explained how they work.

Lots of people liked Goldie. Now that he's gone those are the people you're hearing from now. He was not universally hated by the fans, only a portion of them. He had his screw ups but I liked him better than any other play by play guy in the sport.

danybayamon23 -

Nothing to do with bandwagons. The people who were bitching about him got their way and now he's gone, which is why you don't hear them complaining anymore. The people who liked him never said anything because there was no need to, he was the commentator and all was good. Now that he's gone it switched, the people who liked him are speaking up an those who don't are quiet.

5:45.......savages.

da Vinci 81 -
danybayamon23 -

Nothing to do with bandwagons. The people who were bitching about him got their way and now he's gone, which is why you don't hear them complaining anymore. The people who liked him never said anything because there was no need to, he was the commentator and all was good. Now that he's gone it switched, the people who liked him are speaking up an those who don't are quiet.
Although it should be unnecessary, this is a great explanation for those who can't comprehend such a simple concept.

This place is full of bandwagoners. When someone loses they were never good. When someone wins they can beat XYZ any day. When someone is horrible at their job they should get fired. When they get fired they never should've been because they've been with the company for X amount of times.

Call it what you'd like, but original opinions rarely exist here.

I had no problem with the commentator. For someone who has done the job as long as he has and still be clueless is beyond me but he seems like a nice guy.

Misaki - 5:45.......savages.

thanks for that

Coker is very likable.

The fact that he didn't even get a send off after so long made the new wners look even worse to a lot of people.

1) I personally always enjoyed the Goldyisms

2) He may be a dufus sometimes, but he was OUR dufus and ol baldy did him dirty