Scrap The SF HW GP Tournament Because....

I want to see these HW's go at it in a more timely fashion before the merger with the UFC.

Overeem needs to be tested more than Werdum. DFW needs to sit them down and tell them to go out there and fight and if they want to be "strategic" maybe they should go be coaches for Jackson in New Mexico (doubt it will pay as well though).

By the time this HW GP is FINALLY over, these guys could have fought each other 2 or 3 times. No one really cares about who wins the GP us fans just want to see the fights!!!!

Overeem/Barnett (classic), Werdum/Bigfoot (classic), Sergei/Fedor (classcic) ... Fights I would like to see before a year!!!

I know Fedor is slated to fight Hendo but I do not even know when the rest of the SF HW GP is meant to be fought.

If hendo and fedor are not injured get them in there!!

I love HW's and having DFW now be able to really make the fights we want to see, hopefully he has the balls to just step in and shut down the HW GP and replace it with a card that has like 4 sick major fights.

I am sure contracts are in place but throw them some extra $$$ and make them an offer they cannot refuse to re-sign new fights... Who could say no to Lorenzo and Frank?

No matter who wins the SF HW GP people are going to say: "JDS/Cain would rape them anyway blah blah blah."

So scrap the tournament structure make a card or two ASAP with great fights and come out and say whoever wins in the most devistating fashion gets to fight for the UFC championship. 

You do know Werdum and Bigfoot already fought, right?

Chimonos Revenge - You do know Werdum and Bigfoot already fought, right?

and it was boring and kind of a draw

Yep I would still love to see it again.

GingerWhinger - 

Make it on the undercard where Bigfoot and Werdum belong.

GingerWhinger - 

Fedor/Werdum was boring as was Fedor/Bigfoot but I would like to see Fedor fight both again.

You're right, they should stop the SF tournament so you can personally see them fight sooner.

Chris Power - You're right, they should stop the SF tournament so you can personally see them fight sooner.

Finally some reason in this thread!!! Sooner and more fights instead of this GP title which means nothing of an org that will be disbanded....

Can anyone say WAMMA?

FrankMirFan - 
GingerWhinger - 

Fedor/Werdum was boring as was Fedor/Bigfoot but I would like to see Fedor fight both again.

Neither of those Fedor fights were boring. one was a quick finish and the other was Fedor being dominated and the fans waiting for the dramatic Fedor come from behind victory

Scrap the tourney? No way. I think it would be a great build up to create some buzz for a big cross over fight in about a year. The winner of the SF tourney vs either the UFC champ, or number one contender. I think the champ vs tourney champ would get bigger buzz but Dana might not like that.

Someone getting subbed in a matter of seconds and then someone getting battered to a one sided dr stoppage are exciting fights?

All I can say is wow.

They should keep it going, no reason to stop it now

Overeem vs Big Foot and Barnett vs Sergei are great fights

Overeem vs Big Foot should be kept because that's a good fight for both of them and it makes more sense than anything in the UFC.

Barnett vs Sergei is a waste of everyone's time just like Barnett vs brett rogers was. Sergei couldnt even beat jeff monson 2 fights ago.

Barnett should fight Frank Mir instead.

Sergei should fight the winner of kongo/barry.

Mobody cares about the tournament anymore... Tickets sold like shit and the viewership wasnt great.

Haadogei - I agree with FrankMirfan actually. Nothing good will come out of the tourney long term if it continues unless Overeem wins which is a big question mark right now. They should take him and Fedor out of Strikeforce while they have some marketability left in them.

If Bigfoot or Barnett win the tourney it hurts the stock of Overeem. I guess the winner would deserve a UFC title shot but it would not sell any PPVs.

Screw this tourney
Brock vs Fedor
Overeem vs UFC champ
Bigfoot, Cormier and maybe Sergei and Rogers into general UFC population
Barnett back to J-WWE
Werdum, Andrei and other veterans to "Japan where the competition is a little easier"
Del Rosario and other youngsters to regional feeder shows to sharpen up

I don't think the tourney should be scrapped, but I definitely don't agree that Del Rosario needs to go to a regional feeder show to sharpen up. He's clearly one of the best prospects in the game and he'd be favored over any a # of UFC HWs like Broughton, Morecraft, Beltran, Mitrione, etc, etc.

^^^Hmm, we may have to agree to disagree on that one. I'd much rather see them keep somebody like Del Rosario than Rob Broughton, Aaron Rosa, Morecraft, etc. A good, young HW prospect is a valuable commodity. You wouldn't want to let a guy like Del Rosario go and allow Bellator to scoop him up.

I also would definitely take Del Rosario over Mitrione in a heart beat. Much more experienced striker, much better grappler(how many HWs can pull off and finish with an oma plata?). I don't think Mitrione is terrible or anything, I just think that Shane is probably right behind Daniel Cormier as the best HW prospect in the game right now.

FrankMirFan - 
GingerWhinger - 

If Fedor/Werdum (which was all of what, 69 seconds long) bores you, then you're doing it wrong.

46and2 - 
FrankMirFan - 
GingerWhinger - 

If Fedor/Werdum (which was all of what, 69 seconds long) bores you, then you're doing it wrong.
If I blink and can miss the entire fight then I do not call that a good fight as compared to other back and forth wars ie, pettis/henderson.

I bet you prefer pop-up books to war and peace too.

The main point is this:

The careers of fighters especially HW's is short; please DFW lets use these guys as effectively as possible to get the most number of quality fights ASAP which makes everyone invloved wealthier and the fans happy.

Lets not waste time dragging out a slow as fuck tournament that no one cares about.

Lets not be M-1 and make more Fedors

They already screwed up the tourny by splitting up the first round, several months apart nonetheless. The fights this past wkd could have been the final 4, but now we have to wait god knows how long for that. Will they split that too? All the fighters are healthy, so get on with the show already!

The next round is going to be in October