Screams From Hell

I know that some Christians on this board don't believe in the fire and brimstone Hell. But a lot of Christians do. Which got me to thinking...

God is also purportedly omniscient, and often believed to be omnipresent (omniscience implies a type of omnipresence anyway). I don't believe I've seen a Christian suggest a place that God could not see, or would not be aware of.

So...if God is aware of all things, hears and sees all things, it seems it would follow, inescapably, that God would also aware of the suffering of every soul in Hell. In other words, he would constantly be aware of every scream, and of every inch of torment each soul was going through. (If he isn't, I don't see how he could be all-knowing).

I can not imagine how that could be squared with a loving God. That, in effect, you could be "having tea" with the almighty in heaven, everything cheery and blissful, while He is simultaneously listening/seeing/aware of the endless torment of human souls. It sounds monstrous...like you are at someone's house whose basement is filled with people being massacred, the host can hear the people screaming, see them being tortured on a video feed, but everything's just wonderful, blissful and A ok with the host.

Comments?

Prof.

Maybe a hell of a lot of christians are wrong in their perception of God.

Plus I know some people who I would like to hear being tortured while I enjoy high tea.  Nothing wrong with that.  I am still a loving dude.

I was joking furey.

God doesn't even want hell to exist....but it is the universal law that only holy, pure things can come into contact with God....humans are not holy and pure as we are covered by sin....so God gave us a way (a loophole) to get to Him....why blame God because some people won't accept it?

btw...i have no clue what hell is like but I don't believe it is a lake of fire....it is more like a land with no trace of God......a wasteland of sadness and despair.....

you are always sad and in despair?

I was once talking to a man who told me he had a near
death experience. I had just read a book that
mentioned the similarity of peoples near death
experiences. A tunnel of light and meeting Jesus, a
family member, or a respected being at the end of the
tunnel. I asked him if that is what happened to him.
His face seemed to change somewhat in expression (?)
and he said "No, I went to hell!" and he walked away
without saying another word. Cold chills ran down my
spine. I saw him several times after that but he never
actually talked to me again. Not that that has any
bearing on "screams from hell" I just thought you
might like to hear about that experience.

Grandpab

prof, very easy to see why I believe in something entirely different isn't it?

the rev

hope is possible on earth

"The kingdom of heaven is layed out upon the eart hand men do not see it."
- Gospel of Thomas

"Don't bring none of that gnostic up in here!"
- Gospel of Helwig, many years after the fact and un-authenticated.

Interesting viewpoint, prof.

"but it is the universal law that only holy, pure things can come into contact with God"

wouldnt god's law Supersede universal law, or is are you suggesting that god is limited

no, not at all.....but it is the law....universal law and God's law are probably the same thing.....some things are the way they are....

id assume since it is his universe & his laws that he can change whatever he wants...so i wouldnt think about limiting what he can and cant see

Hell is having a guilty conscience.

why would He restructure the laws of the whole universe just for you??? maybe once the universal laws are set they can't be changed because it would put the whole universe out of balance....who knows...it is possible there are things we can not possibly understand...it is possible that we are not the only race of creatures that God created in the universe

"maybe once the universal laws are set they can't be changed because it would put the whole universe out of balance"

so by definition that would put a limit to his power

"it is possible that we are not the only race of creatures that God created in the universe "

that is true, who suggested otherwise?

what guess work????i'm just trying answer some questions....you guys are the ones creating all these questions with more questions......God is so,so,so simple to know.....it is not complicated at all....

moose,
we could go on like this forever....if you can't see my point by now than you won't see it

""it is possible that we are not the only race of creatures that God created in the universe "

that is true, who suggested otherwise? "

just saying there are things we may never figure out in this life.....

im in agreement with that, just like god changing the rules mid-stream

"just like god changing the rules mid-stream"

i disagree :)

Well Jesus actually speaks of a place of fire and brimstone...and I dont think it was symbolic....

What makes you think it's not symbolic zendon?