Screw it... ANOTHER NEW MODEL ON OFFER!

When I took this and a similar build on special request, I did it because the two people who ordered em are long time clients and extremely loyal. I had absolutely zero intention of offering this model to anyone else.

The end result changed my tune completely. Thus, I present to you the Bushkill Tracker.

This is NOT a movie prop and NOT a novelty item. This is a fully usable beast of a knife and tool. And it will put your TOPS knife to shame.

Hand-forged 80CrV2 tool steel. 3/16" thick at the spine. Differentially heat-treated to 59RC at the edges and soft everywhere else for shock absorption. It sports a convex scandi front belly for chopping and skinning, neither of which will be any sort of challenge. The top edge is live. Most Tracker style knives are worthless for stabbing. This one is not. The back portion of the blade is hollow ground and works amazingly well for shaving wood, cutting rope and all sorts of other tasks.

The handles will be done in full G10 for moisture resistance and fully Loveless contoured for grip in use.

Price point on these will start at 425USD. Lead time will be roughly 6-8 weeks as this was an unexpected addition to the lineup.

Email bushkillorders@gmail.com for more info.

Better?

Thing of beauty. The knife, I mean.

dang 425, if i had the money i'd get it. Nice looking knife you got there.

Yikes, I'm definitely too much of coward to use that thing. I'm talking about the 2nd picture.

Isaac298 - dang 425, if i had the money i'd get it. Nice looking knife you got there.
Thank you gentlemen!

I don't expect it to be a huge seller, but I was just so damn pleased with the performance that I have to offer it up. Never in a million years did I expect to turn a movie prop knife into something so formidable.

I'm honestly dumbfounded by it. Tom Brown designed the knife originally. TOPS produces it for him. Their version sucks. Using this makes me wonder if his was originally world's better than the production model and how badly that must have pissed him off if so.

I emailed altofsky for a knife once and got zero response. Would have paid a lot of money for a custom knife. Too bad, so sad.

Altofsky -
Isaac298 - dang 425, if i had the money i'd get it. Nice looking knife you got there.
Thank you gentlemen!

I don't expect it to be a huge seller, but I was just so damn pleased with the performance that I have to offer it up. Never in a million years did I expect to turn a movie prop knife into something so formidable.

I'm honestly dumbfounded by it. Tom Brown designed the knife originally. TOPS produces it for him. Their version sucks. Using this makes me wonder if his was originally world's better than the production model and how badly that must have pissed him off if so.

nice knife.. but lots of meh about Tom.. I'd take Dave Cannabury courses over his any day

Trust -

What is the purpose of the staggered edge? 

Good question
In for answer

willis007 - I emailed altofsky for a knife once and got zero response. Would have paid a lot of money for a custom knife. Too bad, so sad.

As always, any emails or orders that have fallen through the cracks are elligible for discount on the work by bumping the email chain. I do very solid work on my knives and I provide stellar customer service. However, I suck at emails. Profuse apologies.

Said it a few times before the offer still stands. This goes for anyone. Bump the email chain and I'll sort you out.

Trust - 

The idea is a dual purpose draw knife section for drawing and fine woodwork in the back with a large belly for chopping and skinning and heavy cuts up front. I was never a huge fan of it and if I'm going out into the woods, I'm still carrying a kit of my own design. But some people are in love with this profile. It's appealing, and it actually serves its purpose when done correctly. I'm surprised given the crap performance of the production model but I kinda feel like I shouldn't be.

Altofsky -
Trust - 

The idea is a dual purpose draw knife section for drawing and fine woodwork in the back with a large belly for chopping and skinning and heavy cuts up front. I was never a huge fan of it and if I'm going out into the woods, I'm still carrying a kit of my own design. But some people are in love with this profile. It's appealing, and it actually serves its purpose when done correctly. I'm surprised given the crap performance of the production model but I kinda feel like I shouldn't be.

Is the area stepped down near hilt for chopping? It would seem that having the fine edge on upper back of blade would be unruly to use. I have only seen this blade in movies like hunted, and assumed they were just a prop to look cool

Altof, how long is the blade, and what's the overall length of the knife?

pastorpain -
Altofsky -
Trust - 

Is the area stepped down near hilt for chopping? It would seem that having the fine edge on upper back of blade would be unruly to use. I have only seen this blade in movies like hunted, and assumed they were just a prop to look cool
The part closer to the handle is for carving stuff like spindles and notches.

Also, have you done or had any interest in doing some hook knives out of scrap? Would take one.

pastorpain -
Altofsky -
Trust - 

Front is for chopping with skinning as a secondary use. The back section is for finer work, shaving wood, feather sticking, prepping stakes, traps, rope cutting, wire cutting, etc. The top edge on this one was added as the individual using it may require it to stab through clothing and into flesh. A typical Scandi tip does not perform well in that capacity, and thus the design was modified for the task.

EluThingol - Altof, how long is the blade, and what's the overall length of the knife?
12" overall. Around 5.5" on the handle. 2.25" on the draw section. 4" on the belly.

ABCTT_SENNIN - Also, have you done or had any interest in doing some hook knives out of scrap? Would take one.
Have not done em. Would definitely give it a go. Let me look over my scrap and see what might lend itself.

Train Sumo -
willis007 - I emailed altofsky for a knife once and got zero response. Would have paid a lot of money for a custom knife. Too bad, so sad.
Wish his site could do online ordering

Knife looks like my penis
The only online ordering I might consider is of completed knives already in stock, and it's rare that I have those(although now is one of those rare instances).

For customs, I always consult. I've seen too many times people ordering from custom makers on websites and then being unhappy that the knife they ordered wasn't what they were actually after... even though they picked every last detail from a nice drop down menu. My sales style has been based on getting the right tool for the job in the clients hands for 20 years now and I don't ever see that portion changing.

Please make some tomahawks/hatchets. I find them more useful than knives.