Screw protein powder...

Found this stuff at Walmart supercenter, (apparently they are the only store that carries it), Carb Countdown milk, by Atkins, $2 for a quart- 8 oz has 12 grams protein, only 3 grams carbs, 100 calories, as opposed to 8 grams protein and 13 grams carbs for regular milk....I got the chocalate flavor, tastes just like regular chocolate milk....16 oz of this stuff, blended with a half-cup of liquid egg whites that you can also buy at any grocery store= 40 grams protein...

can your body even absorb 40 grams of protein in a single sitting? Or am I getting things confused?

No one really knows the exact number of grams your body can digest in one sitting. But it is def. more than 30g as suggested my government guidelines.

if you get the shits right after, you probably can't handle it

I hope I can absorb at least 40g of protein in one sitting, cause I've been drinking Isopure (50g protein) in about 12oz of milk, so I'm taking in like 62g of protein just from that.

i've given up on protien powders all together....taking them on and off for years but everyone I try has some side effect on me....i just upped my protien from meats and I think that will work for me....

A scoop of potien powder is still cheaper....

-B

Protein powder is nasty and upsets my stomach.