Scroobius Pip is an expert..

On MMA apparently. New regular show started on btsport in the UK & we have this guy (a rapper apparently) telling me about PED'S, ronda V cat, superfights & all that. I ain't no expert but what the fuck?! Phone Post 3.0

He actually does come across as being quite knowledgeable. At least when I watched the last Fighting Talk

On par with Gareth Davies Phone Post 3.0

Link?

He was on JRE Phone Post 3.0

http://youtu.be/O3HCXh9WQSo Phone Post 3.0

DevilsAdvocate - http://youtu.be/O3HCXh9WQSo Phone Post 3.0

It's fine. You've got a fighter, a journo and a fun guest. Nice mix for me. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe I don't know shit, maybe I'm old & don't know who he is because of it. He came across well but is this what we have to offer? At least swishy is good to look at. Phone Post 3.0

Meanwhile I've moved on to oldboy... amazing! Phone Post 3.0

MMA is more about personalities than fighting in 2015.

irishrottie - MMA is more about personalities than fighting in 2015.

And it wasn't before?

Tito, Kimo,Tank, Don Frye, Ken Shamrock, Butterbean, Giant Silva, Bob Sapp, etc...

Not saying you're wrong I'm just saying fighters having bigger than life personalities in order to attracted viewers isn't anything new in MMA.

FETT_the geek - 

And it wasn't before?

Tito, Kimo,Tank, Don Frye, Ken Shamrock, Butterbean, Giant Silva, Bob Sapp, etc...

Not saying you're wrong I'm just saying fighters having bigger than life personalities in order to attracted viewers isn't anything new in MMA.

There was a time when it was just about the fighting. Chuck, Randy, BJ, Fedor, Shogun, Cro Cop etc. The biggest names, the ones who sold the show and got ppl interested were just known for their fighting ability. Now its shifted to being a personality first fighting second.

irishrottie - 
FETT_the geek - 

And it wasn't before?

There was a time when it was just about the fighting. Chuck, Randy, BJ, Fedor, Shogun, Cro Cop etc. The biggest names, the ones who sold the show and got ppl interested were just known for their fighting ability. Now its shifted to being a personality first fighting second.

I get where you're coming from but I have to disagree bro. There's always been MMA personalities on all sides of the spectrum. Some focused just on fights and some focused on marketing their fights. It's just as the sport has grown there's more money to put behind the marketing, hype and personalities.

That can make it seem like things have changed, but in my perspective they haven't.

You are right. For sure there has always been an element of personality to market the product especially in Japan but I see it being pushed too much now especially with the top fighters. Fuck it tho its part of the business and it will continue to be.

FETT_the geek -

And it wasn't before?

Operative word being fighters! If this was some washed up has been I'd get it but who's dude & why should I care? Phone Post 3.0

irishrottie - You are right. For sure there has always been an element of personality to market the product especially in Japan but I see it being pushed too much now especially with the top fighters. Fuck it tho its part of the business and it will continue to be.

Werd up bro.

BJTT-OGtripleOG - 
FETT_the geek -

And it wasn't before?

Operative word being fighters! If this was some washed up has been I'd get it but who's dude & why should I care? Phone Post 3.0

He's a musical artist, rapper, poet, etc.

Why should you care? I don't know dude, you made the thread.

I made the thread because I feel like beyond the octagon is getting worse & this is its eventual replacement & there's a guy called scooby dooby dip giving promoting the sport I love. Phone Post 3.0

Take out 'giving' btw. Also oldboy just wrecked my head! Phone Post 3.0