Seagal on Merv Griffin, early 1980s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsbY1-9UYg

the trailer for his latest movie.

Granpa - "lmao at demoing with a little kid, what a wimp."

That's not a little kid, that's my first Sensei, and he's actually my size. Seagal is just a tall fucker.

yes, but he looks really light. If he is trying to show the efficiency of aikido, he should demo with a big guy and better yet, someone that is not doing pre trained movements etc
Even compared to the other persons there, he looked like a kid.
I don't doubt he's skilled, most likely much more skilled than SS, otherwise he would get hurt easily from all the falls.

isn't he getting his own reality show? on Aand E? something about being a cop ..or a reserve sheriff? or something? i wasn't paying attention

The old story of Seagal getting choked out never gets old =)

http://judoinfo.com/discuss/index.php?showtopic=951

Li Mu Bai - 
Granpa - "lmao at demoing with a little kid, what a wimp."

That's not a little kid, that's my first Sensei, and he's actually my size. Seagal is just a tall fucker.

yes, but he looks really light. If he is trying to show the efficiency of aikido, he should demo with a big guy and better yet, someone that is not doing pre trained movements etc
Even compared to the other persons there, he looked like a kid.
I don't doubt he's skilled, most likely much more skilled than SS, otherwise he would get hurt easily from all the falls.

He was Seagal's #1 student, was so in Japan and came from there with Seagal when he left, and did stunt work on some of his films IIRC.

rustyshakleford - isn't he getting his own reality show? on Aand E? something about being a cop ..or a reserve sheriff? or something? i wasn't paying attention

Yeah, I posted a link earlier in the thread. I saw the commercial for it, and I hate to say it, but it looks good. I'll watch it at least once.

Seagal was a very good martial artist, a long, long time ago.

But, he's fucked in the head and he ruined it all.

-km

Seagal was a very good martial artist, a long, long time ago.

But, he's fucked in the head and he ruined it all.

-km

ttt

This was posted on a Judo forum. It's the closest I've heard to what's widely called the most accurate description of what happened.

----------------------

Yep I have heard the story from Gokor Gene's Top student and one of the stories is a little closer to the truth.

According to Gokor this took place on the set of "Out for Justice" where Segal was using a Brooklin accent and did a stick fight w/Dan Inasanto-who also tels thsi story. Well Segal was being a dick to the stuntmen, but that is his normal behavior according to them. Well he is talking about how bad he is and the stuntment say "Yeah, well we got this old guy back here who could choke you out!" and Segal stated that nobody coulod get close to him to choke him out he also had never heard of Judo Gene LeBell before that encounter. Well Gene came over and said that he could choke him out and and Segal said that he couldn't so Gene grabbed him real quick and started to choke him. Segal tapped and said that that wasn't fair he was talking and wasn't ready for Gene. So Uncle Gene waited for Sega to get "ready" and when he said that he was Gene grabbed him and started to choke him out and Segal coudln't do nothing w/the old guy. Well Gene was pissed off because Segal was being very rough for no reason on the stunt guys when doing the fight scenes w/them and was upset becuase Segal said he wasn't ready and woul;dn't admit that Gene hooked him so as Uncle Gene would oput it "there is 2 ways to choke a person out, one way the ygo out nice and wake up ok, the other is they go out quick and they piss and crap on themselves" Gene did the latter! Then he drug Segal over to a closet and put hi in there uncouncious. When he came to everybody was cracking up and he went and changed his clothes and fired Gene and his guys. Gene has not worked on another Segal Movie since.

Also, When the Gracie's challenged Gene he stated that he would fight Helio and Helio stated that he would fight Gene, but Gene would have to lose 50lbs becuase he outweighed him by 100lbs and Helio was 80 at that time. Gene said he made the challenge back to them so they could see what it was like and it was dropped.

How come his hairline is receeded more on the Merv than it is today?