Sean Patrick Flanery

He is doing a great job anouncing at the no gi worlds!

His interviews are great.  Asks all the questions that you want to know answers to regarding these competitors. 

his interview with Kron asking all the questions about Rickson is very insightful

Hopefully they get him on more and great job by nogi.  This live feed is great.  Productions like this will really help grow the sport!  please keep up the good work!!!!

Agreed.  Really enjoying the commentary from both guys.   Glover and Roanne not so much.

LMAO at someone finally explaining the Kevin Casey situation and the rumors being true. Thanks Kron for pwning that guy in public right now.

lol I think the Glover thing was more for a laugh.  They didnt want it to be a silent broadcast so glover stepped in and was having fun with it.  Some of the things he said were pretty funny.

i dont think he was attempting to be some uber-professional commentator at all.

Yeah I know, but as a good fren of mine once said.  "If you're gonna be funny. Be funny."

BTW what a bitch move for Kevin to put Kron in that spot.  No idea they went back that far.  Sounds like he viewed him as a big brother and he does that shit.

What is the backstory ^^^????

Kevin Casey who for a very long time had been a student of Rickson, waked into the academy one day and promoted himself to blackbelt (he felt he deserved it).  This of course did not go over too well with Rickson and Kron and Kevin was basically kicked out of the academy. 

wow what a dick.  I heard about that but did not think it was true.  That guy has balls.

I was away from the computer and missed this.

what did Kron have to say about it?

marcovia -  lol I think the Glover thing was more for a laugh.  They didnt want it to be a silent broadcast so glover stepped in and was having fun with it.  Some of the things he said were pretty funny.

Exactly. We were just goofing around. Sean and Shawn did a great job.

MMA Girls - 
marcovia -  lol I think the Glover thing was more for a laugh.  They didnt want it to be a silent broadcast so glover stepped in and was having fun with it.  Some of the things he said were pretty funny.

So did Kron get the digits?

TekNyc - 
MMA Girls - 

So did Kron get the digits?

lol nope...but we did get a picture.

Dude is Rickson's son. He scored more than digits. 

BTW him describing Rickson was a bit off.  At first, it sounded like he was dissing a bit and it came off like he was losing a step with age.  Then he notes that his rolls went well with Marcello and how he can't do anything with his dad.

jiujitsumma -  Dude is Rickson's son. He scored more than digits. 

BTW him describing Rickson was a bit off.  At first, it sounded like he was dissing a bit and it came off like he was losing a step with age.  Then he notes that his rolls went well with Marcello and how he can't do anything with his dad.

it's his dad...i think he has inside information, and can say whatever he wants about him lol

Doesn't Sean train with Rickson? That'd make it easy for him to ask the right questions.

I think Sean used to. Now he's at Hollywood Jiu Jitsu with Shawn Williams.

anywhere i can see/watch some of that interview?

marcovia -  Kevin Casey who for a very long time had been a student of Rickson, waked into the academy one day and promoted himself to blackbelt (he felt he deserved it).  This of course did not go over too well with Rickson and Kron and Kevin was basically kicked out of the academy. 

after kevin flew dn to brazil to train with rickson and rickson gave him the cold shoulder.

Peoria Athletic Club - so did Kron actually address the Casey issue?

Yeah in pretty solid detail.  It took balls for Flannery to ask that question imo.

gzfs, he said what was already addressed in this thread. That Kevin Casey was a long time family friend and trained with Rickson and Kron for a long time, and one day, he felt like he "deserved" the black belt, so he showed up to train with a black belt...aka he promoted himself. So they kicked him out of the academy.