Sean Strickland talks with the Schmo!

That Gym incident was a blessing in disguise. His popularity amongst casuals helped him there.

2 Likes

I agree.

I wanted to hate this schtick so badly but he only talks enough to get his guests talking and asks the absolute best questions.

He listens intently and makes the interview about his guests which is what all should aspire to really do.

2 Likes

I hope Rockhold goes for the takedown early here. I think Strickland will come forward fast and with lots of pressure and I hope Luke doesnā€™t get lulled into a striking battle

If Luke wins I say he fights the winner of Costa/Vettori

From everything I have heard and seen about Sean he is a good guy and solid training partner. He actually went there to test his ground skills against Osito but because of some comments he may have made Osito immediately tried to hurt himā€¦ TWICE !

Osito was surrounded by his entire crew, he could have verbally punked Sean and he had a huge weight advantage too so he might have also gotten the final say in the grappling but instead he tried to jack his elbow weeks before his main event. Fucking disgusting attitude.

1 Like

I donā€™t really care if heā€™s a douche or not to be honest. I just found it funny how he talks about hurting people all the time and he got his shoulder cranked then cried about it. I believe it was a spinning back fist he hit him on the head with.

3 Likes

I agree that is kinda funny.

Also letā€™s not rule out the possibility that Sean probably said or did something that made ole boy crank his shoulder like that. Iā€™d say he probably had it coming. Just my opinion.

1 Like

He said he did not belong at the gym or something along those lines according to the other guys. Iā€™m guessing because Osito is fat as fuck and a drunken,coked up mess.

All Iā€™m saying is cranking the guyā€™s arm in that sudden jerk is 100% with intent to harm, sideline. Doing that to an active UFC fighter a few weeks before his main event is despicable.

Osito could have just gotten him kicked out of the gym and ridiculed but instead he chose to try to hurt him with the disguise of helping with his grappling.

Anyways, it all worked out for Sean, he fought, he wonā€¦all is well that ends well.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s for sure a dick move. I never even heard about big boy talking trash to Sean either. I like Sean and hope he finds success but just couldnā€™t help but laugh at the little bit of irony.

1 Like

Schmoā€™s interviews are good. He asks good questions, to the point and not very long, and usually has the fighter acting a little crazy or trying not to laugh.