Second Moderna shot knocked me in my ass

Got my second yesterday- headache, nausea, chills,fever, dizziness and some crazy nightmares. Being 70 with a bionic repaired heart, I know I needed the vaccine but good Lord - I feel terrible. I just got my Dad out of hospitals after 40 days in and am taking care of him - bedfast right now. I have to get done what I need to but it’s hard to even keep my head on straight. 

2 Likes

If I were getting the vaccine, I'd go Johnson&Johnson.

1 Like

My girlfriend got very sick from second Moderna shot with similar symptoms.  They lasted about 2 days and then she was fine.  Do your best to rest and take it easy and you should be fine in a day or two.

thanks for this will be adding your testimony to my covid vaccine thread.

Hope you recover swiftly.

2 Likes

My mom is 71 and has been fucked up for over a week after her second shot. She's getting better slowly, but still really messed up with headaches and body aches.

Good luck

Sorry to hear that & I hope you & your dad start feeling better.  And your dad must be getting close to 100? 

You take care of yourself and your dad. Hopefully you're both good as new in a few days.

1 Like

onepunchJD - 

If I were getting the vaccine, I'd go Johnson&Johnson.

"The only thing better than one Johnson is two."

- onepunchJD

1 Like

I had the same reaction from the first Shingles vaccine.  I neglected to get the second.   I did have a bit of chills and fatigue from the second Moderna shot though.

Stay Strong!

EVILYOSHIDA -

thanks for this will be adding your testimony to my covid vaccine thread.

Hope you recover swiftly.

What? A person’s immuno response can make one feel crappy for a day or two? Wow. You’re so profound.  You obviously have vision and perspective only a special person like you who is smarter than everyone else can have. 

How does it feel being the most intelligent person here? Does it give you an air of superiority in your daily life? 

1 Like

yep, it was fun

Takes a bit op. I have some asthma. Had covid also 3rd week december. Got vaccinated bout a month after that.

I need it, work in a hospital w covid patients.

It's not easy. My second modern a messed me up, but for one bad night only. I think about 36 hours after shot you should be feeling a lot better.

And then, no more covid for you! I am on board w vaccine, just not with the passport bullshit.

choadler -

Takes a bit op. I have some asthma. Had covid also 3rd week december. Got vaccinated bout a month after that.

It's not easy. My second modern a messed me up, but for one bad night only. I think about 36 hours after shot you should be feeling a lot better.

And then, no more covid for you! I am on board w vaccine, just not with the passport bullshit.

The experts say you can still get it and transmit it with a vaccination. So what exactly is the point?

The second one is the one containing the 5G controlled microchip from Bill Gates. Takes a day or two to integrate into your brain stem.

1 Like

great... I get my second Moderna in 10 days

Very glad I got J&J.

Bad Monkey - 
choadler -

The experts say you can still get it and transmit it with a vaccination. So what exactly is the point?

I think the point is it reduces the chances of that happening by 95%.  A seatbelt doesn't protect me 100% either but I wear one anyway.

3 Likes

First Moderna shot murdered me. Getting the second one on Friday, not excited for it.

siouxNYC -

First Moderna shot murdered me. Getting the second one on Friday, not excited for it.

Did you have covid previously? I just felt like a did a crazy shoulder workout on one side the day before, but only for like 24 hours. no other side effects.  Curious what the second’s going to be like.