Section 8 tenant destroys house...disgusting!

This video is disturbing in a lot of ways. A section 8 tenant destroyed an awesome house. The pictures of the house before are toward the end. My question was why rent section 8, but the guy bought the house when the neighborhood and economy was good. After the collapse, the neighborhood went to crap, so he wanted to move his family. The sad thing is the government was paying $1,000 and the tenant only had to pay $53 a month for this house. The government should have to go in and pay for all the damages....which will never happen. I felt terrible for the guy. The best line is "This house is so dirty, I want to wash the bottom of my shoes."

Later Phone Post

tikmovado - Yuck.

Nasty savage humans that do not give a fuck.

When given things for free people do not take pride or care for things.

Yeah...now the guy is still stuck with the mortgage and all the damages. Toward the end I think he paid $200,000-$220,000 for the house and now it is worth $20,000. I think down deep people really want to help those not as fortunate, but seeing things like this makes you think. I can't even comprehend the mentality of someone like that.....$53 is all you had to pay.

Eh....

Them being a section 8 tenant has little to do with it.

My uncle owns about 200 homes, and my mother is a property manager, I've seen people of all walks of life rent homes and trash them, I've seen a house  be condemned and a lawyer was renting it for 1800... and I've seen poor white trash keep a clean home. Sometimes you never know.

Being a landlord = SUCKS.

Stupid cunt protesting to stay, and being allowed to stay a little while longer pissed me off.

Filthy bitch. Phone Post

Owning 200 homes would be a profitable headache to have.

12SixElbow - 

Eh....

My uncle owns about 200 homes, and my mother is a property manager, I've seen people of all walks of life rent homes and trash them, I've seen a house  be condemned and a lawyer was renting it for 1800... and I've seen poor white trash keep a clean home. Sometimes you never know.

One of the things that I think is outrageous is there are a lot of hard working people who would love to have a house like that, but they have to save up, put money away, make sacrafices, etc. He said the government paid over a thousand dollars a month and she only had to pay $53. I'm sure that tenant will do the same thing to the next place and the homeowners will get screwed. I know it happens all the time, but the system is severely messed up.

A couple other thoughts.

Never rent out the home you and wife lived in and loved. You're too close to it emotionally. If you're going to rent homes, you've got to look at them as business, no feelings

She didn't trash it that bad. The water damage sucks, but I've seen worse.

bemsqua - 
12SixElbow - 

Eh....

One of the things that I think is outrageous is there are a lot of hard working people who would love to have a house like that, but they have to save up, put money away, make sacrafices, etc. He said the government paid over a thousand dollars a month and she only had to pay $53. I'm sure that tenant will do the same thing to the next place and the homeowners will get screwed. I know it happens all the time, but the system is severely messed up.

I'm not sure how it works state to state.

I beleive here if you get evicted from somewhere you lose section 8 for good?

and the waiting list to get on it is like 2+ years in some areas, from what I've seen section 8 tenants take very good care of properties for fear of being evicted. and having to pay full rent somewhere.

JustTheTip - 
bemsqua - 
tikmovado - Yuck.

Yeah...now the guy is still stuck with the mortgage and all the damages. Toward the end I think he paid $200,000-$220,000 for the house and now it is worth $20,000. I think down deep people really want to help those not as fortunate, but seeing things like this makes you think. I can't even comprehend the mentality of someone like that.....$53 is all you had to pay.

Didn't see the end but that is bullshit. It's mostly cosmetic work but that could all be fixed for around $20,000 tops. I sold Real Estate in Vegas for 6 years and focused mostly on bank owned homes and have seen them in way worse condition than that. To say a home has $200K in cosmetic work is wrong, unless she somehow made the neighborhood drop in value and fucked up everything structurally and ruined all electric and plumbing. Still, I'm sure the land is worth way more than $20K.

Little advice if you're a landlord. Put in the lease that you will need access to the property every 3 months or so to replace air filters (or any other maintenance aspect of home). This way you are in there consistently to ensure they are following the lease and are not destroying your home. That vid is what happens after years of lack of maintenance. But still, that cunt should be forced to pay for that and I'm sure she won't.

I got the impression it was worth $20,000 because the condition and the neighborhood. He said when they bought it, it was a good neighborhood. After the collapse, houses started foreclosing and the the neighborhood went bad with crime. That's why they moved because he didn't think it was safe for his family anymore. It sounds like this doesn't happen often from the other people posting and I don't know much about it. I just felt for the poor guy in the video.

"The government should have to go in and pay for all the damages.."

WTF is wrong with you, OP?

Section 8 housing assistance is a nice thought. It's too bad it's over run with scams, and situations like this.

bemsqua -
tikmovado - Yuck.

Similar conditions are what forced me to walk away from a town home I owned. Since leaving, I've taken a beating on credit, but it was the smartest thing I have ever done. My credit will recover. The situation would not have. Phone Post 3.0

Section 8 is what pisses me off about new orleans. That is my first question to tge complex when I look at apts there. I will not live in one and pay 1500/month when my awesome neighbor pays 100. Fucked up city Phone Post

Motherfuck! $53 a month for that house???

God damn, something is really fucked up in this world.

How do I get a deal like that? Phone Post 3.0

No sympathy for this guy. What did he expect from section 8 tenants?

JustTheTip - 
12SixElbow - 
bemsqua - 
12SixElbow - 

Eh....

I'm not sure how it works state to state.

I beleive here if you get evicted from somewhere you lose section 8 for good?

and the waiting list to get on it is like 2+ years in some areas, from what I've seen section 8 tenants take very good care of properties for fear of being evicted. and having to pay full rent somewhere.

Correct...most Section 8 tenants are model tenants as they don't want to lose that free govt property. Clearly it wasn't the case here but she absolutely lost her S8 status and f'd herself.

Exactly.

My ucle loves section 8 tenants, they're basically living free, and they typically do not want to lose that. They're some of his best tenants. I would think the exact opposite, but free rent is motivation to keep clean for most people.

How long was she in the house? Section 8 themselves do an annual inspection to make sure the house is being maintained. I only rent to section 8 or large Hispanic families. Only prob I ever had with section 8 is boyfriend moves in and starts dealing or has a ton of raggedy cars parked on the grass. Phone Post 3.0

For later. Phone Post

the tenant only had to pay $53 a month for this house.

What incentive is there for that tenant to go out and find a job, or pursue his education when the MINUTE he gets a job, he almost undoubtedly no longer qualifies for section 8 and must pay the $1053.00 a month all by himself.

This is why the welfare system is broken. Section 8 has ruined Florida, the homes are everywhere, even in gated communicates. Those on welfare know exactly how to exploit the system and get into these houses. Lazy home owners are more than willing to rent section 8 because they know the government is good for the money and they don't have to chase rent or deal with evictions in a down economy.

This is what is killing America. Those people will never get a job and never contribute to society or pay taxes. They are societal and economic leeches. Moreover, they are raising multiple kids in this environment and teaching them how to carry on these sorts of behaviors.

Section 8 should be capped at 3 years..If in 3 years of only paying 53 dollars a month for rent you can't get an AA degree at the Community College, enroll in adult education, save money and get a job, then something is terribly wrong with you. I am tired of my tax dollars going to this bullshit.

sorry for the rant, yes bro, I am mad.