Security To Be Added For Scalegate

Ariel the man

The UFC keeps saying, too, we can’t give Charles the belt, the commission has rules, you’re the number one contender. Well, the commission came back and said that the belts are not official, i.e., they’re just belts owned by the UFC, the UFC CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT with them.

This keeps pointing back to an ecosystem of the UFC doing whatever the UFC wants. Good for them being able to capture so much control and still maintain a veneer of innocence and legitimacy. Sucks for guys like Charles, though, I guess.

3 Likes

Dos anyone here watch live official weigh in’s ?

He didbnt say that was what actually happened. He said guys mess with the scale sometimes and specifically finished with “Who knows?”

1 Like

What do you change when you switch from kg to lbs . I really don’t understand?

1 Like

“Charles Oliveria was never my friend”; Dana White

1 Like

“White indicated that non-U.S. fighters may have been responsible for altering the promotion’s scale used at UFC 274, possibly resulting in inaccurate readings.”

Fucking Un-Americans, always fucking shit up! This is why the whole goddamn world should be American!!!

“I BLAME THE METRIC SYSTEM!!!” Dana White

Charles weigh-in controversy, Khabibs UFC 254 super fast reading. Khabibs 242 also fast reading.

There is a lot more juice stuff out there. You guys aren’t looking

1 Like

The MMA media has been captured by the UFC. There’s no such thing as independent MMA journalism.

1 Like

Of course, it’s just how it is. It not just the UFC.

And it’s amusing that people are discussing solutions and how to make it better.
Like the UFC and the people running the company aren’t smart people that make shit happen.

It wouldn’t be impossible to fuck up a digital scale inadvertently. Usually it’s just a slide switch on the back to switch between lb and kg but if it is sophisticated, you would press the program button to get to the switch menu. Since no one reads the instructions even in their own homes, conceivably the “it tech” on the team could press and fiddle with the program button until he thinks he’s found the switch menu. Very easily could have hit the calibration menu hit the button several times add some weight to that as he sought the kg/lb menu etc etc.

But this is all bullshit. Any digital scale should show 0.0 weight when you tap it with your foot to switch it on.

Quite frankly I think Charles and his team are full of shit and he simply was over weight.

That’s what I’m trying to say. We extend them the benefit of the doubt by assuming they don’t know how to do it right. When it’s obvious that they’ve chosen for it to be this way.

Look at the weights for that night. 75% of them were over by half a pound. Something happened. And that’s fine. Shit happens. But don’t fuck over Charles. He’s not innocent as is evidenced by his history of weight cutting. But why should he be the sole person to suffer from this situation which was clearly not his making? Just doesn’t seem fair.

Give that man his fucking belt! He’s earned it. Paid for in blood.

I pointed out before the scale is basic 100 LB x 1/2 LB scale. Might be in this thread. So if someone comes in at 155.1 it will be recorded at 155.5 and every other weight. There is a close up picture of the scale.

All weight classes if under 0.5 would be recorded as 0.5 over or a full pound over, if above 0.5 etc

Let me find it for you.

It was the other thread:

At the end of the day it’s a business and entertainment and then a sport. So you have to expect some unfairness.

UFC have given us world class fights for almost 15 years. And I can say with almost 100% confidence that they are one of the most fair promotions that have existed. Pride is like fight fans sanctuary, butt everybody knows what whent on over there.

And you should here some of the fighters story’s about the European promotions .

So if the UFC is tampering with the scales to move things where they won’t to. It’s nothing , it’s just that people are stupid and actually debate it.
And aren’t even talking about the real juice weigh in context.

I hear ya brother. I’ve seen some shit in smaller promotions myself. Gong show. The sport ain’t for the weak that’s for sure.

Still, this situation is easy to resolve. And I also don’t believe the official narrative: that the scale was fine and that it was Charles who was out of line.

If they decide to give Charles his normal championship pay for his next fight all will be forgiven on my end. Dana said they could do that.

1 Like