SEGA GENESIS.......these games?

i made the bad decision of getting a Sega genesis instead of SNES but oh well, genesis had a few good games...anyone remember playing these?

Altered beast-came with the system, me and my brother beat it on first day..decent game..

Last Battle-i always found this game to be very hard, id make it about halfway through and quit..

Herzog Zwei-fucking amazing game, very similar to command and conquer RTS...i was the king of this game..

Contra:Hard Corps-great game, i believe there were 4 characters to choose from...problem wasthe game was extremely difficult...never beat it..

Eternal Champions-good fighting game, underrated...

there was also a boxing game with all of the different champions and it was great..it had Dempsey, Ali,Marciano etc etc...anyone remember the game?

No, but get Splatterhouse. Phone Post

best game on genesis was greatest heavyweights

Bry Bry - i made the bad decision of getting a Sega genesis instead of SNES but oh well, genesis had a few good games...anyone remember playing these?

Altered beast-came with the system, me and my brother beat it on first day..decent game..

Last Battle-i always found this game to be very hard, id make it about halfway through and quit..

Herzog Zwei-fucking amazing game, very similar to command and conquer RTS...i was the king of this game..

Contra:Hard Corps-great game, i believe there were 4 characters to choose from...problem wasthe game was extremely difficult...never beat it..

Eternal Champions-good fighting game, underrated...

there was also a boxing game with all of the different champions and it was great..it had Dempsey, Ali,Marciano etc etc...anyone remember the game?

I remember most of them. Was last battle the side scoller like altered beast? Like post apocalyptic? Phone Post

The only Sega systems I owned were a Game Gear and later on a Dreamcast (lol!). I was a Nintendo and Sony kid. The Game Gear was clearly the best handheld for quite awhile, though. I don't regret that purchase. Dreamcast I only played a few games on. The Sonic game that it came with I believe, Shenmue, RE: Code Veronica.... and that's about it. Biggest waste of a system I've ever owned.

I have had the SMS,Genesis and Dreamcast and thought they were all great consoles. Eternal Champions was indeed a great fighter better than Mortal Kombat and SFII imo.

Dreamcast was great in theory, it was just the way the system was abandoned so quickly that made it worthless. I liked the games I played and the graphics were good, there just wasn't a very large selection of games compared to other consoles.

ahh i remember buying the Sega dreamcast..the Sonic game that came with it was fun and i also bought the nfl2k game which was great..the Ready2rumble boxing game was also much more enjoyable to me and my buddies than any of the fight nights..the code veronica game was cool but i never finished it..beside that though, definitely a waste of a system..

Get Golden Axe Phone Post

"i made the bad decision of getting a Sega genesis instead of SNES but oh well,"

I highly disagree with this statement. Both systems were absolute must haves, but personally I found the Genesis slightly beat out the SNES for the types of games I liked. There was certainly no mistake being made for choosing either of these systems over the other.

Streets of Rage 2 is still IMO the best side scrolling beat em up of all time.

Phantasy Star 2,3 and 4 are also still awesome as is the Shining Force series.

Thunderforce 3 and it's sequel Lightning Strike are still my 2 favorite side scrolling shooters of all time.

Can't have a Sega Genesis thread without mentioning The almighty Revenge of Shinobi and the criminally underrated Shinobi 3.

Strider, Space Harrier 3 Super Hang on are just as good today as they were 20 years ago.

I find myself via emulators playing the Sega Genesis more than any other system.

Shining Force games were awesome Phone Post 3.0

Golden Axe was a good game, i forgot about that one..

anyone remember playing the Immortal?it was a game where you were a wizard in a dungeon, you had to battle goblins and orcs, u had spells i believe...it was a great game but extremely difficult, i never beat it..

Gunstar heroes Phone Post 3.0

Earthworm Jim

Genesis was vastly superior for the games that were to my liking. Phone Post

RattleCaT - Gunstar heroes Phone Post 3.0

this was great. Simple mindless shooting fun.

And Immortal was too complex for me as a kid as well.

And Phantasy star and shining force games were an absolute blast.

I had the sega channel, and genesis did have some great games, but tons of shitty ones as well. And all of the multi platform games were better on SNES except Mortal Kombat 1.

but I agree, you really needed to own both. Neither was better than the other. There were some epic games for both consoles.

VECTORMAN! Phone Post 3.0

You guys ever play Rocket Knight Adventure on genesis? Game was awesome, they even re-made it for Xbox 360 and that was awesome too. Phone Post 3.0

General chaos was a fun sega game Phone Post 3.0