Selling stuff on craigslist. TMA/TME

Probably going to be moving in the next few months and got a lot of shit to get rid of.

Thinking of selling a lot of it on craigslist. Everything from CD/DVD racks, snowboards and skis, heavy bags etc.

Never sold anything online but craigslist seems like the easiest way to do it, although you have to deal with people showing up at your place.

As the thread title says TMA/TME. Phone Post 3.0

I'm in a small town 30k ppl and anything I list is sold pretty quick. I never list my address only my cell and always screen the buyers before I give them my address. When ever they ask where I live I say in xyz area. If they sound sketchy I meet them at a mall close by. I put my cell number in like "five o five - three zero etc..."

A girl that works for me bought a pool pump for $20 but when she got home it was a brick what a dummy lol. Phone Post 3.0

I always meet in a public place near work on lunch. I've sold hundreds of things this way as a side business. For cds or dvds do a bulk sale package deal or take them to a retailer who buys them. Amazon.com buys books cds dad's games etc too Phone Post 3.0

Do you have anything you're going to sell that could be shipped through the mail?

Like... Not heavy as fuck.. Phone Post 3.0

McSlugga - Do you have anything you're going to sell that could be shipped through the mail?

I'll have to take inventory, but most of the shit I'm selling is big. Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler -
McSlugga - Do you have anything you're going to sell that could be shipped through the mail?

I'll have to take inventory, but most of the shit I'm selling is big. Phone Post 3.0
That's what she said Phone Post 3.0

I sell stuff all the time on CL. Never leave my address, just the town and they can only reply by email. If they seem ok I will give them my cell phone and have them call me when they are at a nearby landmark then I give my address which is 1 minute away. All my stuff is stored in the garage so they never enter my house.

snowboard stuff huh, are you in philly or jersey?

I find I come out better by dropping stuff off at good will and getting the tax deduction.

Craigslist/garage sale puts cash in your hand which is fun.

I've sold a bunch of stuff on CL... Always met at a store/nearby mall and husband typically would join me.

I've been tastefully raped twice, by women. Phone Post 3.0

SteckTastic -

snowboard stuff huh, are you in philly or jersey?

Bronx. Phone Post 3.0

Use a google voice number and email.
Post lots of pictures.
Be honest about any flaws, take pictures of flaws.
Give a time period (Must pickup by a certain day)
Mention in your post that you will remove the listing once the item is gone and then do so.
Mention that you are selling other items and that they can be found by searching for abc@gmail.com

At times you will have tons of people saying they are on the way. Most of them you will never hear from again. I rarely held anything though a few times I had people drive a few hours so I told them I would hold it until a certain time.

I had to move quickly and was overwhelmed by the responses. I got to where I didn't even meet the people because I was home so infrequently. I just told them that the item would be on the side of the house and leave the money under the mat.

OnCall - Use a google voice number and email.
Post lots of pictures.
Be honest about any flaws, take pictures of flaws.
Give a time period (Must pickup by a certain day)
Mention in your post that you will remove the listing once the item is gone and then do so.
Mention that you are selling other items and that they can be found by searching for abc@gmail.com

At times you will have tons of people saying they are on the way. Most of them you will never hear from again. I rarely held anything though a few times I had people drive a few hours so I told them I would hold it until a certain time.

I had to move quickly and was overwhelmed by the responses. I got to where I didn't even meet the people because I was home so infrequently. I just told them that the item would be on the side of the house and leave the money under the mat.
Good shit, thanks bro!

VTFU to all in this thread except Mjeezy cause she's a whore.

Just kidding.

Not really. ;-) Phone Post 3.0

Also decide whether you are going to help load or drop off items. I decided no though I did help do some loading.

always always always CASH only. never do checks, cashiers checks, western union, blah blah

cruedi - I find I come out better by dropping stuff off at good will and getting the tax deduction.

Craigslist/garage sale puts cash in your hand which is fun.
God bless people like you Phone Post 3.0

BRUH

;-) Phone Post 3.0

Buy a disposable phone and use a new email you'll never use again. I've sold a few things and been very upfront with everything. everything went easier than I thought. I sold a bose surround sound to a guy. He'd just bought the same one as me from another guy but it was broken. I told the guy let's plug it in before you leave. He laughed and said well since your willing to do that it works. He's your money and drove off. Phone Post 3.0