Semifinal brackets set for M-1 Challenge in Russia

Team England whitewashed the Spanish 5-0 and joined USA West who had already made it into the semi-finals.

Team USA East only managed to scrape through despite being heavily favoured and the Russian Legion eased through with a drubbing of Turkey.

That means Russia on September 26th will feature:

England vs. Russia

and the All-American clash

USA East vs. USA West

Semi-finals should be great!

Check out the results and everything over here:

www.mmaunltd.com/news-detail.asp/NewsID/676/m-1-semi-final-brackets-announced.england-vs-russia.htm

Saturday's results here:

www.mmaunltd.com/news-detail.asp/NewsID/674/team-england-claim-5-0-victory.htm

Sunday's results:

www.mmaunltd.com/news-detail.asp/NewsID/676/m-1-semi-final-brackets-announced.england-vs-russia.htm

Thanks for posting.  Saw the Day 1 results but not the Day 2 results earlier.

Lots of fights and lots of finishes.

It's hard to pick winnners because you just never know what the rosters will be. But if everyone brings their best USA west should win!

Congrats to Shamar Bailey and John Doyle on their wins!

Yea i didn't think doyle was going to win that fight. ttt for him proving me wrong.

mataleone - It's hard to pick winnners because you just never know what the rosters will be. But if everyone brings their best USA west should win!

USA West certainly look like a good side...but the Russian Legion have impressed me a lot aswell.

With a solud 5-0 victory, Team England could use that momentum and do well.

I saw team england get beat by france in person and was not impressed so it is hard for me to pick them. Legion had a great lineup for this card though.

mataleone - I saw team england get beat by france in person and was not impressed so it is hard for me to pick them. Legion had a great lineup for this card though.

Yeah, that wasn't their best outing, granted. Japan and Spain were both great showings though and Blackledge looks like a beast now he's back from TUF.

mataleone - I saw team england get beat by france in person and was not impressed so it is hard for me to pick them. Legion had a great lineup for this card though.

I don't see anyone in the Challenge beating Broughton or Blackledge. The Legion are nice guys and very very tough. But i Thorpe, Blackledge and Broughton all winning their bouts, even if the Legion field a stronger team, which i expect them to do

kainer2 - 

I don't see anyone in the Challenge beating Broughton or Blackledge.
Definitely going to take some beating these fellas!

Pretty cool HL vid from the last event in Amsterdam - includes Blackledge's quick KO!