Semmy done with MMA?

After his recent success in K1, anyone know if the Grand Prix champ is
done with MMA?

Most likely. He makes more in K-1 and doesn't have to worry about some shrimp taking him down and breaking his face with GnP.

That was awesome how long he was able to hold on to PWs wrists and stop him doing anything at all destructive....

GF

He probably would destroy everyone in the UFC HW division right
now...

Not a true mma fighter ? He was a longtime King of pancrase and has fought more mma than K-1

"
Watch his fight with Gam McGee. I swear he almost KOd Gan when gan had him mounted! He knocked his mouthpiece out and everything, the goes to finish with an armbar.
In his last MMA fight, he was beating Sergei Kharantinov until Sergei got mount and repeatedly grabbed the ropes to keep it. No way he keeps mount on Semmy without grabbing the ropes, but thats life I guess.

Semmy would be a beast in MMA now. He was really improved against Gan and Sergeai after losing a back and forth match with Barnett. Since, he has probably put on 30 pounds of muscle, which would make it tougher for people to take him down.

I feel Semmy will make a triumphant return to MMA within the next few years, assuming he gets tired of dominating K1 kickboxing. "

Took the word right out of my mouth - nice post!

I like the PEETBOOL a lot, but yeah, I think the Hightower might be on another level. It would be fun.

TH

"I feel Semmy will make a triumphant return to MMA within the next few years, assuming he gets tired of dominating K1 kickboxing."

Let's hope so.

GF

Well let's not get crazy, he's still pretty easy to get down and GnP

GF - "I feel Semmy will make a triumphant return to MMA within the next few years, assuming he gets tired of dominating K1 kickboxing." - "Let's hope so."

NG - "Well let's not get crazy, he's still pretty easy to get down and GnP"

Ok - sorry should have clarified my "let's hope so" was based on the previous comment starting with the word "return" - whether it would "triumphant" would remain to be seen, I'd just like to see him give MMA a concentrated go again and see what happens....

GF

Semmy's good but I think a few UFC heavies could take him.

A 100% healthy Mir would take him down and dominate him. Monson would probably take him down easily too. He would probably beat down the strikers though.

On that note I'd like to see him fight AA.

Semmy would destroy Sylvia, part of the reason I have a hard time respecting Sylvia as champ.

Semmy recently lost to Peter Aerts in K-1

fedor had a pretty hard time with semmy

in standup competition he has what - 1, 2 losses? mma record no so stellar

Semmy's been the same huge weight since leaving the UFC and not worrying about the 265 cut off. He was ginormous in the Barnett rematch.