Sen. bill strips Confederate names from bases

Fort Ru Paul. The only name liberals might accept

1 Like

HELWIG -

Demonizing long dead confederate soldiers doesnt fix anything now. It doesnt better people's lives.

No worthwhile productive person is being emotionally scarred by a fort being named after someone who died in 1880.

Why celebrate anti americans? It does it doesn’t affect me one way or the other, but I just don’t see how people can claim to be patriotic and still celebrate a group that wanted to not be considered american. 

People just love shitting on the South...

1 Like

Kip Kinkle -

Nope, just traitorous fucks that fought for slavery.

3 Likes

EFM -
Kip Kinkle -

You're silly.

1 Like

I hope Trump does change them. It will be nice for him to go down as the president that got rid of those racist confederate names and resolved an important issue that that the first African American president declined to address during his eight years in control.

Oh, yes, the Union - real fighters of racism.

President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, as the nation approached its third year of bloody civil war. The proclamation declared "that all persons held as slaves" within the rebellious states "are, and henceforward shall be free."

Looks like the South led the way in ending slavery...

1 Like

Kip Kinkle -
EFM -
Kip Kinkle -

You're silly.

He went his whole life not giving a fuck and now he's ready to take up arms against those from hundreds of years ago.  So brave.

2 Likes

Kip Kinkle -

Oh, yes, the Union - real fighters of racism.

President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, as the nation approached its third year of bloody civil war. The proclamation declared "that all persons held as slaves" within the rebellious states "are, and henceforward shall be free."

Looks like the South led the way in ending slavery...

It’s almost like military and political strategies needed to be in place before things happened. 

“you want it done quick or do you want it done right?”

Lincoln was really trying integrate the confederacy and start to rebuild the south. Hell, Robert E Lee even opposed confederate monuments after the war. 

Lincoln getting assassinated was one of the worst things to happen for the south. He was really all about putting the former confederate rulers throughout various parts of the governments because in order to unite the nation. I would how great the south would have been if he didn’t die, or if we would even need to have the fight for civil rights almost a century later.

The GOP passed this?

What the fuck is going on in 'Murica?

2 Likes

HELWIG -

Demonizing long dead confederate soldiers doesnt fix anything now. It doesnt better people's lives.

No worthwhile productive person is being emotionally scarred by a fort being named after someone who died in 1880.

You and many, many other conssrvatives seem emotionally scarred by a fort having the name of a racist traitor from 1880 removed; how worthwhile and productive does that make you?

2 Likes

Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

You and many, many other conssrvatives seem emotionally scarred by a fort having the name of a racist traitor from 1880 removed; how worthwhile and productive does that make you?

Anyone who is getting emotionally upset over the name of a place needs donkey kicked in the dick. What are you a fooking 5 yr old? Did you serve? You are literally getting upset over a name. Its the same deal with the flag. You are allowing your emotions to control your actions. This is the real reason how come everyone in congress needs the boot and we need some fresh blood in there. 

That fake ass wannabe indian added this too a bill she knew most politicians would vote for. Not because of this but because it would have made them look like complete shitheads had they en mass voted against everything else in the bill because of this single stipulation.

This is about as looney as someone suggesting all the streets named after Martin Luther King be renamed because at the time, he was knowingly and willingly breaking laws. He was fighting against the system and thus going against the country itself. Should we label him a traitor as well? 

Both scenerios are beyond stupid. 

baj54 - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

Anyone who is getting emotionally upset over the name of a place needs donkey kicked in the dick. What are you a fooking 5 yr old? Did you serve? You are literally getting upset over a name. Its the same deal with the flag. You are allowing your emotions to control your actions. This is the real reason how come everyone in congress needs the boot and we need some fresh blood in there. 

That fake ass wannabe indian added this too a bill she knew most politicians would vote for. Not because of this but because it would have made them look like complete shitheads had they en mass voted against everything else in the bill because of this single stipulation.

This is about as looney as someone suggesting all the streets named after Martin Luther King be renamed because at the time, he was knowingly and willingly breaking laws. He was fighting against the system and thus going against the country itself. Should we label him a traitor as well? 

Both scenerios are beyond stupid. 

I'm not remotely upset over a name, or a statue. 

Conservatives on this forum and around the country seem greatly disturbed by the removal of this crap, though, judging by the posts, threads, news stories, and otherwise endless complaining about it.

2 Likes

Being from Mississippi, and my father's family having been Confederates, I really don't give a shit. Confederates picked the wrong side.

1 Like

"Conservatives on this forum and around the country seem greatly disturbed by the removal of this crap, though, judging by the posts, threads, news stories, and otherwise endless complaining about it."

We're concerned about leftist trash attempting to erase American history.

Straight out of dystopian novels.

"Change this sports team, change this fort, it offends me, Im a baby!"

HELWIG -

"Conservatives on this forum and around the country seem greatly disturbed by the removal of this crap, though, judging by the posts, threads, news stories, and otherwise endless complaining about it."

When Americans tore down statues of King George, and Iraqis tore down statues of Saddam Hussein, were they erasing history? Or just saying "We do not want to  honor or memorialize this person"?

Your comically hyperbolic response to something like this that has zero impact on your or anyone's life makes you seem like a hysterical woman, which makes perfect sense, since only somebody without a single nanogram of testosterone would wilfully make it to their 30s without at least trying to get laid. 

2 Likes
Crazy Larry - 
HELWIG -

When Americans tore down statues of King George, and Iraqis tore down statues of Saddam Hussein, were they erasing history? Or just saying "We do not want to  honor or memorialize this person"?

Your comically hyperbolic response to something like this that has zero impact on your or anyone's life makes you seem like a hysterical woman, which makes perfect sense, since only somebody without a single nanogram of testosterone would wilfully make it to their 30s without at least trying to get laid. 

What of Hans Christian Heg, Kirik?

EFM - 
Kip Kinkle -

mmmm, I love shitting on the south.

They're bad people, and they deserve what they get.

I No Kung Foo -
Kip Kinkle -
EFM -
Kip Kinkle -

You're silly.

He went his whole life not giving a fuck and now he's ready to take up arms against those from hundreds of years ago.  So brave.

honestly, i don't really give a shit either way.  it doesn't change my day much one bit.  but i have no problems with the renaming and i do enjoy watching the rage that people are sent into over the matter, especially the ones claiming their heritage is being stripped from them.  you sound like you might be one of them.

Getting rid of all the democratic generals?