Send Sylvia to Pride

Why not ? This guy is the closest thing that Pride can get to a freakshow under new Zuffa ownership. Plus he's pretty much hated by 80% of American fans today. In Japan the fans will probably take to his Shrek like looks, and I think he'd spice up the Pride HW Div. with all the defectors as of late.

tim is a good guy!  i think he wants to test his skill with better fighters.  he is a keeper.

I agree, it seems the fans have lost flavor with him. Plus, I think Pride will give Tim a chance to prove if he is a fake or if deserves to be in the Top 10 conversation.

80% of the crowd was filled with UG'ers

Tim has already had 4 shots at the HW title. Once when he beat Ricco. Then for the vacant title against Mir. Then again for the vacant title against AA. Then against a rematch against AA.

People are tired of Tim getting shots at the HW title and seeing him contend. It's getting old.

Send Tim to Pride to keep their division fresh and give Tim some new matchups.

"Tim has already had 4 shots at the HW title. Once when he beat Ricco. Then for the vacant title against Mir. Then again for the vacant title against AA. Then against a rematch against AA."

• Incorrect. He's had 3 shots at the title. He was already the champ when he fought Mir (but Mir was an injury replacement for Arlovski, which might have thrown you off).

Plus, he won the title twice out of those 3 shots.

I'm not a big fan of Sylvia either, but successfully converting 2 out of 3 title chances is pretty good and doesn't pose a valid rationale for excluding any future title shots, should he earn them.

I certainly don't consider Sylvia a great champ, but he wasn't a Rizzo.

"- Incorrect. He's had 3 shots at the title. He was already the champ when he fought Mir (but Mir was an injury replacement for Arlovski, which might have thrown you off). "

No, I am correct. Tim had his title stripped after testing positive for steroids against Gan Mcgee. The title was vacated and Tim was supposed to fight AA for the title. Tim pissed positive again and AA fought Cabbage in a non-title match instead.

The next UFC Tim fought Mir for the vacant title. Tim was the last title holder before it was vacated, but he was not the current champ.

he can be added to there 'super-heavyweight catagory'
him and brad imes. lol!

"No, I am correct. Tim had his title stripped after testing positive for steroids against Gan Mcgee. The title was vacated and Tim was supposed to fight AA for the title. Tim pissed positive again and AA fought Cabbage in a non-title match instead."

• Interesting. I stand corrected.

I definitely recall Sylvia testing positive twice (and the whole mmaweekly fiasco), but didn't remember him being stripped of the title. I always thought Tim was defending his belt against Mir (but that memory was probably colored by my perception of Tim as the real defending champ, rather than his official status).

So Sylvia and Mir was actually for the vacant UFC HW championship. Thanks for the info.

He belongs in the UFC, and he still has a lot of good fights left in him. I'd like to see him fight O'Brien or Herring.

Sylvia vs Hunt

i'd like to see him in Pride against Fedors brother.