Septic systems - TME/TMA

So I just found out my septic system needs a new weeping bed.

Tell me the collective wisdom of teh OG on this.

Thanx in advance.

Had a septic tank on our farm in high school.

Good times watching the truck come to suck out tons of shit with a big hose.

Good times.

Best job ever I'm sure. Phone Post 3.0

Steven McTowelie - Had a septic tank on our farm in high school.

Good times watching the truck come to suck out tons of shit with a big hose.

Good times.

Best job ever I'm sure. Phone Post 3.0

They already came and pumped out the tanks. That's how they found out it was messed up.

They did a bit of a dig to confirm it.

Now I am waiting for the crew to come in and put a new weeping bed in.

Oof course I had to apply to get the new bed with the fee. They also nailed me with the engineer's report and fee.

I went to high school with a chick whose dad pumped septic tanks. She was mortified when he used to pick her up in the shit truck.

Crusty old shit truck. Phone Post 3.0

That's my line if business, sort of, and I've never heard that term. Could it have been leaching, not weeping?

KGB4HD - That's my line if business, sort of, and I've never heard that term. Could it have been leaching, not weeping?

Yes. It's also called a leaching bed. basically the end of the line where the water is going into the ground.

Malvert the Janitor - I went to high school with a chick whose dad pumped septic tanks. She was mortified when he used to pick her up in the shit truck.

I'm actually quite happy with the guys who pump out our tanks every few years and will be using them to put the new bed in. I like their work.

However, paying a few to the town to replace what I already had, no bigger, kinda irks me. I wouldn't mind paying for a work permit alone but they bill you at the same rate as if you are putting a new system in where there wasn't one before and as such also force you to get the engineer's report as if there was no system there either.

I had to do that for my cabin (new leach field) cost a bunch of money. Sucked. But you gotta poop.

Dougie -
Malvert the Janitor - I went to high school with a chick whose dad pumped septic tanks. She was mortified when he used to pick her up in the shit truck.

I'm actually quite happy with the guys who pump out our tanks every few years and will be using them to put the new bed in. I like their work.

However, paying a few to the town to replace what I already had, no bigger, kinda irks me. I wouldn't mind paying for a work permit alone but they bill you at the same rate as if you are putting a new system in where there wasn't one before and as such also force you to get the engineer's report as if there was no system there either.

Sounds pretty lame. Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - I went to high school with a chick whose dad pumped septic tanks. She was mortified when he used to pick her up in the shit truck.

Lol I just had mine pumped a few months ago and the truck was badass. Was a big Mack truck, brand new chrome wheels and super singles, polished stainless steel tank.

Really sucked the shit in style. Phone Post 3.0

Is it too late to point out that it seems you have a shitty septic tank? Phone Post 3.0

Dougie -
KGB4HD - That's my line if business, sort of, and I've never heard that term. Could it have been leaching, not weeping?

Yes. It's also called a leaching bed. basically the end of the line where the water is going into the ground.

We call it a 'drain field' around these parts. Phone Post 3.0

attjack - I had to do that for my cabin (new leach field) cost a bunch of money. Sucked. But you gotta poop.

Yeah, it is what it is. I'm not upset about it really. Just that it seems that the township/gov't wants to rip you where they can when you do it.

Steven McTowelie - 
Dougie -

Sounds pretty lame. Phone Post 3.0

It's Ontario, the gov't wants their cut no matter what you do. 

LOL!

MrFluffyHippo - 
Malvert the Janitor - I went to high school with a chick whose dad pumped septic tanks. She was mortified when he used to pick her up in the shit truck.

Lol I just had mine pumped a few months ago and the truck was badass. Was a big Mack truck, brand new chrome wheels and super singles, polished stainless steel tank.

Really sucked the shit in style. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, the truck that takes it out is cool. Love to watch it. Always fun to watch big machines work.

Steven McTowelie - Is it too late to point out that it seems you have a shitty septic tank? Phone Post 3.0

No way!

It's teh shit!

LOL!

It's actually a 2 tank system before it hits the distrobution box and then the weeping bed.

fuzzislipperz - 
Dougie -

We call it a 'drain field' around these parts. Phone Post 3.0

Cool.

3 terms for the same thing.

The stuff you can learn on teh OG is awesome.

Phone Post 3.0