Sergei: 1 fight a year in UFC in my age is no good

From the interview of Sergei Kharitonov to "R-Sport":

http://allboxing.ru/archives/2013-12-25_03_49.html

"Now I can compete in M-1, Glory, W5 — wherever. I do not have an exclusive. But UFC is exclusive. And to fight one time a year in my age… I would've probably sat there for 2 or 3 years and then just finished my career. I like to compete here and there while I can do it well. If possible, I will try boxing. If I get good and specific offers in boxing I will tell you"

Latest kickboxing bout of Sergei vs JLB

Was he ever signed to the UFC after Strikeforce folded? I thought his contract was over w/ Zuffa/Strikeforce after the Barnett loss. Honestly his reasoning sounds kind of... well, idiotic. The UFC loves guys like him; I'd have to think he would have fought as many times a year as his body would have allowed, under their umbrella. Phone Post 3.0

white - Was he ever signed to the UFC after Strikeforce folded? I thought his contract was over w/ Zuffa/Strikeforce after the Barnett loss. Honestly his reasoning sounds kind of... well, idiotic. The UFC loves guys like him; I'd have to think he would have fought as many times a year as his body would have allowed, under their umbrella. Phone Post 3.0
Actually his reason sounds logical. He likes staying active and in the UFC he would get a fight every once in a while, maximum 3 fights a year. He also has the liberty of fighting wherever he wants and in whatever sport he wants and not just in one organization and in one sport.

I'm sure there's been UFC fighters in the past who've talked about inactivity before. Phone Post 3.0

I know fuck all about fuck all.....but would it not be better to trim the roster a bit & keep the best of the best around but have them fight more often? Its very hard to keep up with who all the fighters are these days whereas even only a few years ago everybody was a lot more recognisable. Surely that's better for your brand when all the fans are involved more with the fighters they recognise and are eager to watch them fight. I pick & choose my fights now & I honestly never thought that would happen.