Sergei thinks he can beat Stipe

Sergey Kharitonov spoke about the fights with Stipe Miocic and Alexander Emelianenko

The main goal of Sergey Kharitonov at the moment is the Bellator title, however, this does not prevent the Russian heavyweight from discussing hypothetical fights that are unlikely to become a reality in the near future.

In particular, Kharitonov is convinced that he can not only provide serious competition, but also beat the best UFC heavyweight, Stipe Miocic.

"I would love to fight with Miocic," the Russian said in an interview with Sport-Express. "I think I would have defeated him. I understand that now people will begin to say that Khariton is arrogant, but I really perceive the situation. How am I worse than him in percussion technique? Nohow. In the wrestling, he will not do anything to me. In the wresting, I am better than him. On the feet, I'm definitely not worse. "

Kharitonov also made it clear that he was still ready to fight against Alexander Emelianenko if he finally received a decent offer.

"Kamil Gadzhiev is both unbalanced and lost. Missing. After that time - no answers, no greetings. I'm ready for negotiations. Here he is, Sergey Kharitonov, negotiate. But he disappeared, never got in touch anymore. As for Emelianenko, I'll be honest: I don't give a damn about the alcoholic. The Bellator has a lot more serious guys in the division. If we agree on a fight, we will fight. And if not, let him drink further. "

Kharitanov by percussion technique

In all honesty though stipe would be the favourite but heavyweight sucks so bad I wouldn't be surprised if kharitanov somehow knocks him out. 

I'm as big a PRIDE fan as there is, but he doesn't make it out of the first with Stipe, not in any phase of the fight.

It blows my mind that so many people still insinuate that Miocic sucks or is somehow overrated as a fighter.

Besides, Kharitonov and his buddy Fedor had opportunities in the past to come to the UFC and clean house,  but they balked.  Don't be scared,  homie.

And again,  I'm a huge PRIDE fan. 

WaltJ -

I'm as big a PRIDE fan as there is, but he doesn't make it out of the first with Stipe, not in any phase of the fight.

It blows my mind that so many people still insinuate that Miocic sucks or is somehow overrated as a fighter.

Besides, Kharitonov and his buddy Fedor had opportunities in the past to come to the UFC and clean house,  but they balked.  Don't be scared,  homie.

Fedor does not want to be treated like a tolet paper

- Can you say that you will never fight in the UFC because you are happy and satisfied with the contract with Scott?

• I never belonged to those fighters who, with the abbreviation UFC, begin to soak wet. I don’t care where to fight: in the UFC, in Pride, in StrikeForce or in Bellator. It is important who to fight with. And, of course, it is important to maintain relations with the organization, with the people of the organization. A fighter is a fighter, he goes through many tests, loads. He is not toilet paper that can be used for its intended purpose. I fought with many fighters who were UFC champions.

I'm not sure why people get shocked/offended when a fighter says they think they would win a fight.  That is the mentality they need to have to be a fighter 

1 Like

Frontrowbrian was praising him on the podcast.

That's one powerful dude. He's definitely got a shot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcqprB525F0

Sergei is wrong.

I think Stipe would win but Sergei is awesome. I hope he finally wins a major mma HW title.

2 Likes

Sergei would have a tough time with Minakov

touch -
WaltJ -

Fedor does not want to be treated like a tolet paper

- Can you say that you will never fight in the UFC because you are happy and satisfied with the contract with Scott?

• I never belonged to those fighters who, with the abbreviation UFC, begin to soak wet. I don’t care where to fight: in the UFC, in Pride, in StrikeForce or in Bellator. It is important who to fight with. And, of course, it is important to maintain relations with the organization, with the people of the organization. A fighter is a fighter, he goes through many tests, loads. He is not toilet paper that can be used for its intended purpose. I fought with many fighters who were UFC champions.

This was more in reference to his initial negotiations with UFC, co-promoting with M-1, pricing himself out, etc.

It hurt his legacy and is one of MMA’s biggest what-if’s, regardless of why it didnt happen , IMO.