Serial Podcast

I know I'm late to the party. I heard about it a month or so ago and about how good it was. Literally just finished it and damn what a story.

I also just googled the latest updates and it looks like Adnan won his appeal to have them look at the case again and possibly get him set free. Anyone have anything interesting that they have read or heard since the end of the show? Phone Post 3.0

The Mitch Mitchell Experience - I have no great insights other than he's guilty as sin. Phone Post 3.0
Foreals?! I struggle with what I believe. I definitely don't believe Jay. Adnan is an anomaly to me. But bottom line the evidence waster sure not adequate for a conviction in my opinion. He should be set free. Phone Post 3.0

Read jays interview post podcast Phone Post 3.0

Rhymenoceros -
YousHerName - 
The Mitch Mitchell Experience - I have no great insights other than he's guilty as sin. Phone Post 3.0
Foreals?! I struggle with what I believe. I definitely don't believe Jay. Adnan is an anomaly to me. But bottom line the evidence waster sure not adequate for a conviction in my opinion. He should be set free. Phone Post 3.0

A jury thought the evidence was enough to convict him - a jury that heard all the evidence, not just the stuff SK found worthy of presenting.

He's guilty.
Hmm I don't know dude what about all of the cases that have been overturned that jury's have 100% gotten wrong? The fact that the Jury heard all the evidence and convicted him can't be the only reason you believe he's guilty. What about OJ! Phone Post 3.0

UGCTTNpNe - Read jays interview post podcast Phone Post 3.0
Just did...changed his story yet again. Dude is sketchy. I don't know what to believe though! Phone Post 3.0

YousHerName - 

So what is your theory on how Jay knew where Hae's car and body were? Did he kill her himself and pull of the greatest frame job of all time just for shits and giggles?

Fake Pie -
YousHerName - 

So what is your theory on how Jay knew where Hae's car and body were? Did he kill her himself and pull of the greatest frame job of all time just for shits and giggles?
That's the thing..I can't come up with a motive for Jay. Some people say it was cuz Adnan was homecoming prince with his girl Stephanie and they flirted or whatever, but why would he get revenge that way? Why not hurt Adnan himself? I wouldn't be surprised if they were in on it together. Both are hard to read. But Jays interviews with detectives and constant story changing/blatant lying holds weight. Adnan hasn't really ever been caught lying about anything in comparison. I don't totally believe Adnan is innocent but I do think the conviction was wrong. Not enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt right? Phone Post 3.0

Can I ask what the podcast is about? I don't venture far from the comedy section. I'm a dumb guy. Phone Post 3.0

TeXasMiKE - Can I ask what the podcast is about? I don't venture far from the comedy section. I'm a dumb guy. Phone Post 3.0
Go to podcasts and search for serial, well worth a listen. I think he's guilty, just like the WM3 Phone Post 3.0

YousHerName - 
Fake Pie -
YousHerName - 

That's the thing..I can't come up with a motive for Jay. Some people say it was cuz Adnan was homecoming prince with his girl Stephanie and they flirted or whatever, but why would he get revenge that way? Why not hurt Adnan himself? I wouldn't be surprised if they were in on it together. Both are hard to read. But Jays interviews with detectives and constant story changing/blatant lying holds weight. Adnan hasn't really ever been caught lying about anything in comparison. I don't totally believe Adnan is innocent but I do think the conviction was wrong. Not enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt right? Phone Post 3.0

There was more than enough evidence to convict.

Hi guys. Have to thank OP for turning me to this podcast I didnt know existed. I've pretty much devoured all day long.

I've listened to it now and here is what I would say:
->As one of the original trial's jury members I would have declared him guilty
->As a jury member today I would declare him innocent.
->I think he did it.

FRAT coming up soon in the next post.

FRAT WARNING

The prosecution did an admirable powerpoint-like presentation linking every piece of evidence they had, or had fabricated. By contrast, the defense tactic seem to be try and bore everyone to death.

It was pretty obvious to me that that original lawyer lady was slipping, since the first time the podcast brought up a piece of recording of her I noticed it. They later talked about it but it was noticeable before they did. The pakistani kid also stayed silent during this trial.

So if you are in jury duty, one side has a fairly straightforward narrative backed up by technology while the pakistani muslim just has an old hag ranting for 3 days straight.
Veredict->Guilty

If the trial was opened again today is pretty clear there is plenty of room to create reasonable doubt.
Veredict->INNOCENT

Why do I think he is guilty? Well because even though Jay lies trough his teeth to the cops and in court, there are 2 people who he told the story to that never went to court yet they present the most believable alternative.

I dont remember which episode it is but basically the muslim kid kills the ex at around 3:something PM in the back of the school then freaks out and calls the "criminal element" of their community and when Jay shows up threatens to rat him out to the police if he doesnt help.
They hanged around all the time smoking weed so they were probable more close than either cares to admit today, so Jay accepts. Burying her in Leakin Park which he was familiar with and muslim kid wasnt.

This to me accounts for many of Jay's lies:
-When he talks to the cops he eliminates the blackmailing part and substitutes it with Adnan saying he was going to kill her ex-gf. The cops dont get why he didnt call 911 or why he helped bury the body. They didnt know he was afraid of this killer muslim ratting him out and possibly killing his gf.
Later he does talk about this to the cops but by this time the case is running on his shoulders. The cops and the prosecution are both interested in Jay keeping that part of the story.

-The burial. Jay first tells the cops that everything was Adnan's idea and he didnt do anything. Seems pretty logical the guy was trying to walk away as clean as possible.
In the next interview when he admits to being blackmailed for his weed business, he comes clean and admits he helped bury her.
He never backed down from Adnar being the one who picked the burial spot. Maybe he never told the police, or maybe they coach them to tell it that way because like I said they were already building the case agaisnt him.

-Jay seems to be afraid for his GF's life. Several friends/co-workers talk about this. Jay even comments about it during his witness testimony in court.

-So he is with this guy that just killed someone and he doesnt want to be alone with him. Maybe thats why he went all over the city with him calling a billion people and showed up unannounced to that girls place. 2 months later they ask him to explain it all in detail and between the lies, the shock of the dead body and the time gone by, the recount of the events is a mess.

OK this is long enough I wont continue. I will just say that of course something else could have happened, like a random mass murderer passing by or a planned assassination by Jay and Adnan.I'll just say that I hope Adnan can find something productive to do with his life from his prison, but Im not shedding any tears for him, guilty or not.

BTW what was Jay's alibi? I dont remember.

The thing that always stood out to me, call it a big thing or a little thing, it's a matter of opinion, but when Adnan was saying Jay was a really casual acquaintance, and then SK interviewed one of the kids on the track team who said Jay often dropped Adnan off at track practice.

Never heard of any of this Phone Post 3.0

A big red flag was when Adnan said"only me and Hae know what really happened" then quickly corrected and added, "and the real killer"
He is guilty, real good podcast though, and recommend it to anyone Phone Post 3.0

Damn I felt pretty confident about his wrongful conviction and 50/50 on his innocence but you guys made some really good points I overlooked and didn't even know about. I want the truth! Phone Post 3.0