Serious allegations levelled against Bellator

plastekt - 

I'm calling absolute bullshit, I'm sorry but someone who gets a year leave for mental issues and then is surprised when they're let go at a later point...

you know what, fuck writing the point it does it itself

I can't recall, did this happen? details?

Taking 1 year off for depression then filing a wrongful termination suit is suspect. Phone Post 3.0

When allegations are made by a former employee a grain of salt is warranted but that certainly does not mean the allegations must be false.

I don't see why an employee taking a year off dealing with mental health issues should in and of itself discredit the allegations which are fairly serious on their face.  Mental health issues can plague anybody and former combat sports athletes are particularly vulnerable to suffer from anxiety/depression etc because of the tolls of their former profession. 

Judgement should be reserved until this plays out.  Allegations in a lawsuit are nothing more than that at this stage, allegations.  

Not for nothing, Zack is the only guy I ever met at Punishment I didn't like. I have no specific reason or memory of why, just never liked him back then. And to be fair it seems like all the other guys did like him. Phone Post 3.0

Sensei Milla 209TT - Snitches get falsely documented stitches Phone Post 3.0
LMAO Phone Post 3.0

VanCity_KO -
DIAZ STOLE ME LUCKY CHARMS -
plastekt -

I'm calling absolute bullshit, I'm sorry but someone who gets a year leave for mental issues and then is surprised when they're let go at a later point...

you know what, fuck writing the point it does it itself

I agree Phone Post 3.0
Agreed Phone Post 3.0
The problem is you can't really do that. Medical leave of absence has some protection to it. Granted you can obviously be fired after returning from medical leave but not because you went on medical leave.

They especially couldn't use his stress as a reason for being terminated. Since we don't know all the facts it is hard to say. Make no mistake, these allegations are serious and if they fired him because of him speaking up about things and he can prove what he said, he is going to get PAID!

What that will mean to Viacom or Bellator I don't know but this guy stands to get paid big time. My guess is they will settle out of court. The cost and bad publicity, especially if these things are true would almost if not be the end of Bellator and Coker for sure would be gone. Phone Post 3.0

The first point is dumb. All promoters set up fights where they know 1 fighter is likely to lose badly. If that were illegal, combat sports would cease to exist. Unless there is evidence that fights were fixed, then I don't see that complaint having any teeth.

The other 3 points seem more serious though, especially the one about falsified medical records. As others have pointed out, WSOF has the same conflict of interest with an executive of the promotion also managing some fighters. Presumably that would violate the Ali Act but I swear that law goes almost entirely unenforced anyway.

ttt

Pics of gyno? Phone Post 3.0

JuicedBeast - Where is Californoa located? Phone Post 3.0
Next to Nevado. Phone Post 3.0

Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF -

lol Is that close to Phonix?

Unkind Zuffa - 

I'm hooked on it.

This is major...IMO Bellator has went downhill since Coker took over...I had high hopes, that he would take them to the next level.

Unkind Zuffa - 

Closer to Arozina

Only one of those is a very serious allegation, in my opinion. And that is "allowing fighters to compete using forged/falsified medical reports" Phone Post 3.0

sherdogger -
Dogman - This is major...IMO Bellator has went downhill since Coker took over...I had high hopes, that he would take them to the next level.

Hahahaha i remember how much people use to suck coker's dick and forever i was saying he was garbage, feels good to be right

Where did you say this at? I'd like to read that. Phone Post 3.0

Regarding fighter paperwork Light should be suing the respective Commissions not the PROMOTION.

The commission has the sole responsibility to review and check fighter paperwork and approve or disapprove a license.

While the Promotion has a vested interest it has absolutely no authority to override a Commission decision in this area.

The AZ Commission actually "threw me under the bus" in a lawsuit against them and succeeded in getting both the Promoter and I included in the law suit. The Commission settled their portion of the case for $25000. The charges against the Promoter and I were dropped with prejudice,

JPet - Regarding fighter paperwork Light should be suing the respective Commissions not the PROMOTION.

The commission has the sole responsibility to review and check fighter paperwork and approve or disapprove a license.

While the Promotion has a vested interest it has absolutely no authority to override a Commission decision in this area.

The AZ Commission actually "threw me under the bus" in a lawsuit against them and succeeded in getting both the Promoter and I included in the law suit. The Commission settled their portion of the case for $25000. The charges against the Promoter and I were dropped with prejudice,
Do Indian reservation commissions even have to follow any rules? Phone Post 3.0

This article has mostly the same info but actual quotes from Light and he goes into more detail about specific instances between him and Coker. If what he said is true, sounds like Coker is pretty shitty behind closed doors.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/05/former-bellator-matchmaker-sues-for-wrongful-termination

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CV2012-003398

:)