Serious question about krons

digitaltoddy - 
shen -

We have a lot of BB visitors and I always make them wear a very thin Pink Belt with bright, yellow fringe if they get on the mat.

It's simply because we may teach some slightly different details than they are used to seeing, so I think it's important that they wear a different belt.

It's in no way a sign of disrespect.  

But if they refuse to wear it, well, the door is right there.

Funny guy.. don't you have a school within a mile of Kron's?  You always seem to be bagging on him or talkiing about a 'friend' who trained at Kron's and it's never positive. Interesting. It's cool, we've had a couple of people come through who were at Tsunami and they didn't have positive things to say either. 

FYI, it's not slight details, more like the philosophy behind his jiu-jitsu.  Instead of just constantly talkin shit, maybe you could train with him and understand why the school is the way it is instead of assuming like you always do.  I get it though, it's much easier to sit in front of a computer and jape.

'Constantly talkin sh!t'...? You sir, are a liar.

People have asked opinions and I have given them my honest experiences. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

BTW, I teach 14 classes a week. All but one are in Torrance or Long Beach. I teach one class a week at that particular school. 

HotSteppa -
digitaltoddy - 
shen -

We have a lot of BB visitors and I always make them wear a very thin Pink Belt with bright, yellow fringe if they get on the mat.

It's simply because we may teach some slightly different details than they are used to seeing, so I think it's important that they wear a different belt.

Funny guy.. don't you have a school within a mile of Kron's?  You always seem to be bagging on him or talkiing about a 'friend' who trained at Kron's and it's never positive. Interesting. It's cool, we've had a couple of people come through who were at Tsunami and they didn't have positive things to say either. 

FYI, it's not slight details, more like the philosophy behind his jiu-jitsu.  Instead of just constantly talkin shit, maybe you could train with him and understand why the school is the way it is instead of assuming like you always do.  I get it though, it's much easier to sit in front of a computer and jape.

You want to know why people bag on Kron so much? Because he was mostly a giant piece of shit when he was younger, and a lot of the "crew" were into gangs, intimidating people, looking for trouble etc. And I mean directly from that school. He was also shown himself to be disrespectful to other high level practitioners at tournaments.

Has he matured? Who knows? I don't. I hope so. But you can't question people about why simply because anyone who lived around there will tell you the same.

But everyone deserves a second chance.

But as far as the belt thing, you mean if Rafa Friggin Mendes rolled on up to train, he would have to take off his belt?? LOL

This has nothing to do w/ the original post or the points I made.  Kron is definitely not the same person he was as a kid.  Are you?  

Kron doesn't ask everyone to wear the black belt w/ stripe, although most do.  Hell, Buchecha came down a few years ago and wore his belt.  They even skateboarded on the ramp behind the school afterward.  

Interesting thread

shen -
digitaltoddy - 
shen -

People have asked opinions and I have given them my honest experiences. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

BTW, I teach 14 classes a week. All but one are in Torrance or Long Beach. I teach one class a week at that particular school. 

I don't always peruse through this forum, but when I see a Kron's name in a post, cuo and shen are always making japes.  Doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

What first hand experiences do you have with Kron or Rickson?

^ I could tell you, but then you would probably accuse me of "constantly talkin shit", so pass.

shen -

^ I could tell you, but then you would probably accuse me of "constantly talkin shit", so pass.

Maybe "talking shit" was a bad choice of words.  

You can't deny you always make japes when someone asks a question about his school.  

Person A: How is it at Kron's?

Person B: Well, this this and that

Me: This is how we do it at Kron's

Shen: Jape jape jape

My takeaway from all this is that I need to incorporate the word "jape" into my vocab

digitaltoddy -
HotSteppa -
digitaltoddy - 
shen -

You want to know why people bag on Kron so much? Because he was mostly a giant piece of shit when he was younger, and a lot of the "crew" were into gangs, intimidating people, looking for trouble etc. And I mean directly from that school. He was also shown himself to be disrespectful to other high level practitioners at tournaments.

Has he matured? Who knows? I don't. I hope so. But you can't question people about why simply because anyone who lived around there will tell you the same.

But everyone deserves a second chance.

But as far as the belt thing, you mean if Rafa Friggin Mendes rolled on up to train, he would have to take off his belt?? LOL

This has nothing to do w/ the original post or the points I made.  Kron is definitely not the same person he was as a kid.  Are you?  

Kron doesn't ask everyone to wear the black belt w/ stripe, although most do.  Hell, Buchecha came down a few years ago and wore his belt.  They even skateboarded on the ramp behind the school afterward.  

Because Buchecha has Kron's philosophy, gotcha.

JIU-JITSU INTERNET FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn digitaltoddy...is everybody at kron's so hostile? makes me a lil scared to visit.

FWIW, i don't think the belt thing is that big of a deal. i don't really agree with it but i can see why a school (esp. a big name one) would want to do something like that. like it or not, people often judge schools and instructors by the students there. tons of people visit a school like the gracie torrance school and then they come online and talk about how the blue belts there sucked or whatever. i know someone who just visited a big name gracie barra school and when he came back he said he wasn't impressed because he dominated the purple belts there. it's lame but that's how things are in the BJJ world. a lot of people like to visit big name schools and then gauge their skill based on how they fare vs the colored belts at the school. there are many reasons why this is dumb but one is that the purple belt that you rolled with might not even be a (insert big name BJJ instructor) purple belt. it might be a guy who is also visiting or some guy who used to train at the mcdojo school in the neigboring state.

I used to bring a gi and visit schools when I traveled. I met many cool people and had lots of fun. Then I started seeing stuff like this more and more. Things have gotten formal and kind of weird. I don't bother anymore. People can run their schools how they want. I'll just work out in the hotel fitness center instead of dealing with it.

BispingDecisionedDesperateDansDreams -

Seems a bit weird, but I don't see the big deal.  He's not telling anyone not to wear their black belt.  He just wants a stripe on it to indicate that it is not his lineage.  There have been plenty of questions here about whether it's cool to wear your colored belt at a new gym, asking to be graded by new instructor, etc.

If he has the old-school Gracie philosophy, he uses the stripe as a green-light for his own black belts to go full blast and embarrass the visitors so that his own lineage looks better.

The cultish aspect from a certain poster in this thread is a bit creepy, though.

From my experience they do not green light you because of the stripe.

And then there's schools like studio 540 out there....

and lmao @ the ego comment and not thinking about kettles 

tapnaporsnapbro - damn digitaltoddy...is everybody at kron's so hostile? makes me a lil scared to visit.

FWIW, i don't think the belt thing is that big of a deal. i don't really agree with it but i can see why a school (esp. a big name one) would want to do something like that. like it or not, people often judge schools and instructors by the students there. tons of people visit a school like the gracie torrance school and then they come online and talk about how the blue belts there sucked or whatever. i know someone who just visited a big name gracie barra school and when he came back he said he wasn't impressed because he dominated the purple belts there. it's lame but that's how things are in the BJJ world. a lot of people like to visit big name schools and then gauge their skill based on how they fare vs the colored belts at the school. there are many reasons why this is dumb but one is that the purple belt that you rolled with might not even be a (insert big name BJJ instructor) purple belt. it might be a guy who is also visiting or some guy who used to train at the mcdojo school in the neigboring state.

My apologies if I came off as hostile. I'm pretty chill.  Just annoyed. 

I never spoke of cuckolding 

I like your anti Semitic comments above. But let's look at what I said about krons: striped belts for visitors and no one can watch the beginners class.  Both were true 

Your personal beliefs about me matter not about those truths 

my

checkuroil -

I like your anti Semitic comments above. But let's look at what I said about krons: striped belts for visitors and no one can watch the beginners class.  Both were true 

Your personal beliefs about me matter not about those truths 

my

You voted for Ben Carson, didn't you?

shen -
digitaltoddy - 
shen -

Anybody that makes Maestre respond like this should seriously think about the reason why a person who jokes about everything 99.9% of the time gets serious.

Very long story short, Kron's academy is a great place to train.