Serious question about UFC in poor countries

This goes for UFC and Superfight League in countries like Brazil and India.

1. Are ticket prices greatly reduced? I can't imagine someone paying their monthly income on a ticket.

2. Are PPV prices reduced for the same reason?

3. Is the money being made off advertising or something? I assume so, but I'm more interested in answers to the first two questions. Phone Post

This is a great question for superCalo Phone Post

Thanks Phone Post

Only ok usay pays for le ppv Phone Post

Ticket prices arent really different for brazil... they still pull 3 million plus gates.  The UFC attracts the middle class and wealthy in these markets.

SFL tried selling tickets in India and couldnt sell shit so now they're just giving them away... but that's superfight league.

The UFC has a deal with Sony in Inida where they will produce 2 seasons of tuf and around 6 fight nights a year there... so we'll see.

The biggest factor in this deal is that tuf will air right after cricket games in India which is the most popular sport there.

The UFC could potentially explode in India... which is one of the fastest growing middle class demos in the world.

Brazil and India aren't that poor. Yeah, there are hordes of destitute people in both countries, but there's a healthy middle/upper-class who can afford to buy tickets to MMA shows at US prices.

The PPV model doesn't exist outside of the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. MMA companies make their money in areas without PPV revenues the same way that non-PPV sports leagues do in the US: TV deals and sponsors.

I am living in brazil at the moment. Ticket prices for the UFC they had in January were insane, too expensive.

However if you are a student you get them half price which is awesome. Brazil is a huge country with a lot of places and people suffering from poverty, BUT there are a lot of rich people here, a lot.

ticket to the movie theater is  $11.64 in belo horizonte

http://thebrazilbusiness.com/article/cost-of-living-in-belo-horizonte

In UK, Ireland and Brazil you dont there is no ppv for the UFC. You subscribe to a channel, usually 10-15 euro or whatever per month and get all the cards.

irishrottie - In UK, Ireland and Brazil you dont there is no ppv for the UFC. You subscribe to a channel, usually 10-15 euro or whatever per month and get all the cards.

They should do that in NA.. 

If they are serious about cutting down on piracy, this is the way they should go.