Seriously, what does "dressing up" mean to you.

For me dressing up is jeans/slacks , Polo and casual shoes, which may be running shoes or boots.

A tuxedo 

Jeans aren't dressing up, they don't even qualify as business casual

Let me guess, you have "going out shirts" right?

lol

Putting on some clothes.

I know it doesn't mean what it did 20 years ago.

I go to places that 20 years ago you wouldn't be caught dead in wearing jeans, now they are what most people are wearing.

It has different meanings depending on the occasion. As it should for anyone with a working brain.

"And what is the deal with Dressing up?"

This

Pocket square.

I could dress this way and it would be sufficient for 99% of anything I would need to dress up. Funerals, events, weddings. Well ,I was in a wedding recently and wore a tie with tucked in shirt. And I would probably beat the shot out of most of you in a fight.

You would go to a funeral or a wedding in jeans and running shoes?

we go live to OP:

Chimonos Revenge - You would go to a funeral or a wedding in jeans and running shoes?
Unless I was asked to ware something specific.

wormiwalkinstik - I could dress this way and it would be sufficient for 99% of anything I would need to dress up. Funerals, events, weddings. Well ,I was in a wedding recently and wore a tie with tucked in shirt. And I would probably beat the shot out of most of you in a fight.

No.

Do better.

wormiwalkinstik - 
Chimonos Revenge - You would go to a funeral or a wedding in jeans and running shoes?
Unless I was asked to ware something specific.

Interesting.

Is this a midwest thing or something?

Never_rolled -
wormiwalkinstik - I could dress this way and it would be sufficient for 99% of anything I would need to dress up. Funerals, events, weddings. Well ,I was in a wedding recently and wore a tie with tucked in shirt. And I would probably beat the shot out of most of you in a fight.

You're still white trash.

No not really,lol, far from it. The only people I ever see in a suit on a regular basis are preachers, educator's and bankers.

OP just doesn't dress up.  There's really no debate about it

Chimonos Revenge -

we go live to OP:

I laughed hard at that