Serra or GSP

Who you going with. I gotta pick GSP. Anyone can lose on any given night but GSP is the total package. Honestly the best in the division if you ask me. GSP's kryptonite...an in-shape BJ Penn. Actually an in-shape Penn is kryptonite for 99% of the fighters out there, maybe even a 100%.

GSP.

Serra seems to be hyping his ownself up because he doesnt truly believe he can do it again.

Serra! America, F*ck yeah!

I'm going Serra also!

If GSP wins than i'm taking GSP, if not then i'm picking Serra.

I say GSP (really going out on a limb)

Obviously the last fight reminded us that MMA is truly the most unpredictable sport in the world...But there's a reason why many tab it as the biggest upset in MMA history...GSP is lightyears ahead of Serra when it comes to talent...

rabello -
Obviously the last fight reminded us that MMA is truly the most unpredictable sport in the world...But there's a reason why many tab it as the biggest upset in MMA history...GSP is lightyears ahead of Serra when it comes to talent...

You can't count Serra out.. he's got KO power(until his last fight, Serra has been the only person to drop Karo) and GSP has shown he doesn't have an invincible chin. GSP is more athletic but Serra is a threat the first few minutes of any fight. The longer it goes the more GSP has as advantage.

"I say GSP (really going out on a limb)"

Uh you do know he's still the heavy favorite right? lol

Wu's right but I think GSP takes it.. I hope im wrong tho.

Serra got lucky last time. If I were GSP and lost to Serra twice I would consider retiring.

GSP by the vicious mauling that we were all expecting the first time

Serra has awesome tools at his disposal but has yet to put everything together. Yes, GSP's chin is suspect but so is Serra's. Of course punching power has to go to Serra but overall striking, not to mention the most dominating "wrestling for mma" game has to put GSP ahead. Can Serra win? Of course...at that level anything can happen on any given night. But GSP will win. Oh, and their last fight was no fluke...it was GSP who lost because he underestimated Serra which he shouldn't this time.

^^^Great analysis. I think GSP's safest range is in the clinch. He can use his athleticism to his advantage. Serra has a dangerous guard, and heavy hands. I hope Serra wins, but I think GSP will pull it out.

Serra by spinning backfist!

i'm going for serra. then BJ moves up a weight class and wins the belt.

I'm also thinking GSP my Frenchie Maul.

Anyone catch the UFC Countdown show last night? Georgey boy's sister is very doable :)

Missed that. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I like Serra, but this time I'm routing for GSP... so that after BJ defends the lightweight belt a couple times, he can move up and destroy GSP for the dual belts.

If BJ goes up and beats Serra, people will always say "yeah but BJ couldn't beat GSP"

I agree with SmaK. If BJ goes up to 170 and regains the WW title, he needs to beat GSP or Hughes.

I don't know why people on the HG respect Serra's game so much. He has good bjj, but other than that, he is a stubby little troll with an annoying voice.

IMHO, Serra would lose to Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, Diego Sanchez (if he were still fighting at WW), and Karo Parisyan.

kanotoa - IMHO, Serra would lose to Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, Diego Sanchez (if he were still fighting at WW), and Karo Parisyan.

I agree

Sure, but Serra isn't fighting those guys. He's fighting GSP. It's all about matchups.

GSP