Serra would give BJ Hell...

Serra is a good fighter for being a thick midget with no arms.

"If guys like Tibau and Sherk can make 155, Serra sure can too."

He can, but he doesnt want to. He hates cutting weight because he has to cut out his pasta and pizza wich he loves

TheAlchemist please learn how to read, In my BJ thread of a few days ago I mention how good he is and that he is a top fighter....where is the hate?!?!

I just do not think he is the greatest at 155lbs untill he cleares out that division, I already named the fighters that he could and should fight...but here it makes no diff, if U name anyone that U think could possibly beat BJ U get ridiculed....

BTW I thank-you for coming on my threads and proving the ignorance of BJ NutHuggers :)

P.S. Serra is a solide Fighter and BJ knows that, he ain't scared of him but he knows he'd be in a fucken war!!!

Jetster - the last time they fought he did everything in his power not to go to ground, he spent tons of energy keeping it standing.....to me that says someone is more comfortable not going to the ground

that doesn't mean anything considering BJ has tried to keep almost all of his fights standing for most of the fight.

bj vs kenny - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs gsp 1 - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs gsp 2 - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs hughes 2 - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs pulver 1 - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs gomi - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs machida - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs stevenson - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs sherk - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs din thomas - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs serra - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs caol uno 1 - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs caol uno 2 - tried to keep most of the fight standing 

caliphornia did U see the fight between them? can U objectively say he wanted to go to the ground and mess with Serra, if I remember correctly he was very briefly taken down and git back up real quick, if he was comfortable and confident there against Serra why not fight there a little, I do realize he had the ability to get back up right away and he damned used it to...just my opinion but he seemed like he wanted no part of rolling with Serra

Many people believe Serra beat BJ. How about a catchweight so BJ doesnt have to worry about losing his belt, and Matt can fight at a comfortable weight???

I remember when Matt fought @ 155. He was so sucked out you couldnt even recognize him. It was miserable for him (and he cut properly, never coming close to missing weight). Cutting down to 155 took the fun out of the fight.

BTW, Serra wants a rematch with Hughes in a BAD WAY!!!

Jetster - caliphornia did U see the fight between them? can U objectively say he wanted to go to the ground and mess with Serra, if I remember correctly he was very briefly taken down and git back up real quick, if he was comfortable and confident there against Serra why not fight there a little, I do realize he had the ability to get back up right away and he damned used it to...just my opinion but he seemed like he wanted no part of rolling with Serra

jetster do you not realize that this is BJ's gameplan in almost every single fight? how is it that hard to see? he almost always tries to keep most of the fight standing and almost always tries to stand up after he is taken down. he does it to almost EVERYONE. if he only did it to serra then i would see your point, but since he has always done that i don't think you even have a point. that is simply BJ's style. he always tries to keep it standing most of the time and that doesn't mean he is scared to go to the ground with his opponent.

caliphornia - 

bj vs pulver 1 - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs gomi - tried to keep most of the fight standing

bj vs din thomas - tried to keep most of the fight standing
standing 

??? BJ spent most of the time working takedowns against Pulver in Pulver I (that is why he gassed in rds 4 and 5). He even shot in and pulled guard on Din, and only fought standing when Din stood out of BJ's omaplata attempt.

BJ keeps fights standing when he knows he has a better change on the feet than on the ground. Against Serra, he knew his hands were better, and didn't want to mess with Serra on the ground, even from the top position. I don't recall if he attempted 1 takedown against Serra. Doesn't mean he was scared, but that was just his strategy at the time. I think in a rematch, BJ would take Serra down, since he knows he won a narrow decision the first time just defending the takedown.

Jetster - 
I just do not think he is the greatest at 155lbs untill he cleares out that division, I already named the fighters that he could and should fight...but here it makes no diff, if U name anyone that U think could possibly beat BJ U get ridiculed....

No ones ridiculing you b/c youre naming fighters you think would beat BJ, youre being ridiculed for being an idiot. you even started this thread w/out knowing that BJ already fought Serra and won! idiot.

Serra would get murdered by BJ AGAIN, even today.

With all do respect, no pun intended, its just the truth.

Jetster - I think he can beat BJ, his stand up has vastly improved since they last fought and we know BJ is worried about going on the ground with Serra!!!!
Are you talking about the Matt Serra who has subbed one person in his UFC career?  I don't think BJ is too worried about it going to the ground.

TheAlchemist seriously do U bother reading before U post.....look at my post, I state Mats standup has vastly improved since they last fought....how do U come up with me not knowing that he had already lost to BJ....lol

Now I am finding U amusing...lol...Bwahahahaha!!!

BTW I never state Mat would beat BJ, although I think he can, it would be a war and he has a 50/50 chance...hard to read posts with BJ's nuts in your eyes guys....lol

i think it would be a competitive fight today. bj does not have the top game to finish serra like GSP did. I'd say it's probably a decision for BJ tho.

HexRei thank-you for having an objective and intelligent post :)

Jetster - TheAlchemist seriously do U bother reading before U post.....look at my post, I state Mats standup has vastly improved since they last fought....how do U come up with me not knowing that he had already lost to BJ....lol

you didnt know. you diktuct and edited the original post.

anyway do you really think serra could stand and trade w/BJ at this point? nukkin futs.

TheAlchemist I never edited about that....lol,

as for discusing with U that's fine :)

personally I realy think in the standup he could do well, I realize U feel he has no chance but I think BJ would have to be careful of Serra's heavy hands and I also believe Serra has improved much more than BJ...but of course there is no way of really knowing this, but the fight I think would be a great war and I would love to see if I am wrong or right :)

I dont think it would be a war. BJ is better at every phase of the game. only way Serra wins is catching BJ with a lucky punch. Serra does throw heavy leather but is not BJ's caliber.

serra would lose another decision, and again would be totally ineffective

Even if Serra could he would have to get to the back of the line and work his way up.Making that cut at least 3 times. So i doubt it.