Setting up a speed bag questions.

My family got me a speed bag for Christmas (always wanted one at home). But I just have the bag and swivel. I was wondering if there is a simple way to set it up outside the house without buying anything else like the brackets and wood normally holding them suspended from a wall or bag hangar.

Thanks dudes! Phone Post 3.0

From the owner of Revgear (Paul Reavlin)

"Speed bag needs a wood platform.

The platforms vary in price. the performance of the whole thing depends on the quality of the wood platform because it affects how the speed bag rebounds back and forth.

Cant be done without a platform."

Crap. Well I have wood. What constitutes a good platform? Phone Post 3.0

Lol I said I have wood Phone Post 3.0

dhughes - I'd set it up on the front porch so that your neighbors and visitors know what's up. Or in the living room so you can swat at it while watching UFC and demo sweet moves to your friends and family.
I GNP my heavy bag with vicious elbows in the front yard while the neighborhood is playing and mowing their yards. I keep my blue belt laying over something near me too. So, I'll probably take your advice. Phone Post 3.0

I suggest hanging it in the wfa Phone Post 3.0

Toquinho - I suggest hanging it in the wfa Phone Post 3.0
Thread is pretty relevant in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0

The Black Cheez -
Toquinho - I suggest hanging it in the wfa Phone Post 3.0
Thread is pretty relevant in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
Agree Phone Post 3.0

roperninja - Crap. Well I have wood. What constitutes a good platform? Phone Post 3.0
Needs to be stiff, solid and tight so that it won't flex during prolonged pounding.

In all seriousness, you can get a pre-fab round wood platform easily online or at a lot of sporting good stores. If more than one person is going to use it, think about getting on of the adjustable ones that rides on rails. If you want cheap, cut two circles out of 3/4 inch Advantech flooring plywood (stiffer than most plywood) and then screw and glue them together to make the platform. Whichever platform you use, add a bag of sand on top to deaden the motion of he platform for best performance Phone Post 3.0

SC MMA MD -
roperninja - Crap. Well I have wood. What constitutes a good platform? Phone Post 3.0
Needs to be stiff, solid and tight so that it won't flex during prolonged pounding.

In all seriousness, you can get a pre-fab round wood platform easily online or at a lot of sporting good stores. If more than one person is going to use it, think about getting on of the adjustable ones that rides on rails. If you want cheap, cut two circles out of 3/4 inch Advantech flooring plywood (stiffer than most plywood) and then screw and glue them together to make the platform. Whichever platform you use, add a bag of sand on top to deaden the motion of he platform for best performance Phone Post 3.0
Nice I was hoping someone would say crafting my own is an option Phone Post 3.0

NORCAL707 -
roperninja - My family got me a speed bag for Christmas (always wanted one at home). But I just have the bag and swivel. I was wondering if there is a simple way to set it up outside the house without buying anything else like the brackets and wood normally holding them suspended from a wall or bag hangar.

Thanks dudes! Phone Post 3.0
Check mixed-arts.com for stands bro Phone Post 3.0
I was shooting for instant gratification Phone Post 3.0

RobinHood -
dhughes - I'd set it up on the front porch so that your neighbors and visitors know what's up. Or in the living room so you can swat at it while watching UFC and demo sweet moves to your friends and family.
This. Or above your bed. So you can practice while taking your girl doggy. Phone Post
Oh. My. Goodness. GENUIS! Phone Post 3.0