Sex

Does sex before a fight impair your performance? I mean, seriously? How long before?

"Women weaken legs" - Mickey in Rocky I

By yourself?

Probably you'll have a weak hand D.S.

If you hump for 37.5 minutes and do all the work, it will probably hurt you. If you are like most of us and are lazy before the fight, make your woman do all the work, and only last 3.2 minutes then I would say you would be fine.

Brett

In Choke Rickson said it makes a huge difference, I think he said that he holds out for two weeks before a fight... mabye that's why he dosen't fight any more...

There's no way I would get into the ring with 2 weeks worth of jizz piled up in my nuts. One kick to the cup and you would drown.

Is there actually any scientific research into this? Or is it just old wives tales?

"I really like this girl, mick"
"Then let her train you!"

It's not sex that ruins your perfomance, it's staying out until 2:00am to get it that is the killer.

it would be better to avoid any kind of sex at least one week before a fight

LOL @ bigeblow...

OK so i haven't had a fight yet (first one in May) however i've wrestled in HS and College, and i learned that having sex at least the same day or the night before a match or tournament would leave me a little physically drained. i also think it takes a mental edge off, makes you a little less bloodthirsty, and you aren't quite as aggressive.

c'mon...you think those pro basketball players aren't having
sex???? what???? They play every other night and sometimes two
nights in a row. Except for the one celibate player in the NBA, I
don't see it. Well...maybe they don't have sex in the couple of
hours before a game, but certainly not two weeks.

Sex produces more testosterone I believe, Just like allready mentioned, staying out late to "get it" or "doing all the work" is where you run into trouble.

I can't offer any scientific proof or anything, im just saying it's happened to me. My sr. year of HS i had sex on a wednesday afternoon after school with my girlfriend. That night i had a match at 7:00. I wrestled a kid I had beaten twice already that year and lost. Basically i felt like i had no conditioning, that i reverted back to the first week of the season. He got the best of me, and i havent done that since.

I don't think so.

"Sex produces more testosterone I believe, Just like allready mentioned, staying out late to "get it" or "doing all the work" is where you run into trouble."

"I have not had sex in two month`s,and somebody is going to pay"

Tommy Hearns

It DEFINTELY affects you. grapple141 is correct.

It impairs you both physically and mentally.

I got married last September, and for some reason I've been kicking ass ever since - just last night, I ripped a guy's arm off at the elbow, used it as a backscratcher, and then beat him unconscious with it. I think not having sex anymore has put me on edge.

Maybe it affects people in different ways.

Lets say for the sake of argument that you're not staying up late or doing all the work, what effect would the mere act of shooting your load have on subsequent athletic endeavours?

Sometimes I've felt more energetic and fired up training the next day, other times I feel drained...

"It's not sex that ruins your perfomance, it's staying out until 2:00am to get it that is the killer. "

Didn't Babalu stay out til 2 am the day before his fight with Chuck? Look what happened to him.

i personally feel that busting a nut before a fight (within 1 week) can have a negative affect.

I personally try to hold out for 2-4 weeks prior