Sexton vs. Gaff confirmed for Cage Warriors title

The vacant women's flyweight title will be handed over at Cage Warriors 49 as Rosi Sexton and Sheila Gaff meet in the final of the tournament to determine the new champion.

www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2339/cage-warriors-49-rosi-sexton-vs-sheila-gaff.htm

Sexton is well known, having fought around the world, under the Bellator banner and having faced Gina Carano.

Gaff is a German powerhouse of a fighter and is looking to take her biggest scalp to date.

Interestingly, this bout is subject to both fighters passing a pre-fight drug-screening procedure conducted by the Volunteer Anti-Doping Association (VADA) which Sexton rallied to raise funds for.

Should be a good fight!

Last I saw Rosi had raised $4755 out of $6000 or so. I could see VADA giving a bit of a discount here since they're a non-profit but is that actually going to be enough?

Anyway, if Sexton wins and Tara Larosa loses her next fight it's entirely plausible that she retires as the top Women's Flyweight in the world. If Gaff wins decisively, she could also be #1. Sad that we're still a year or two short of there really being any money in that, but Rosi Sexton is a hella cool chick and I wish her all the best of luck as a doctor.

wow, sexton must really think that sheila's using ped's...

Nice. Phone Post

Yeah, the VADA testing is going ahead! CWFC have confirmed it.