SF Challengers vet beats UFC vet for the title

ThirdJackson -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
ThirdJackson -
Chris27 - Again maybe I missed what the point was but were you trying to say SF Challengers > UFC?

Considering he stole his post and the title of his thread from Helwani's twitter, I doubt he has much else to add.

... And in the end, a Strikeforce challenger beats a UFC vet in Strikeforce's finale. Fitting.

I actually didn't see that tweet before making this thread. I was just giving props to the homegrown Strikeforce fighter beating the UFC vet, recognizing it was a fitting way to go out. Phone Post

Lies! Phone Post

:| Phone Post

Gonna give Takayama the benefit of the doubt on this one

MachidasStraightLeft -

Gonna give Takayama the benefit of the doubt on this one

Thank you. Voted up :) Phone Post

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Such a fitting way to cap off the Strikeforce Finale. I'll miss you Strikeforce! Phone Post

Even better... I had money on Saffiedine... Weeeeeeeeeee Phone Post

Vote me down -

Nate's good, not great.

Nate "The Eehhh.... He's alright" Marquardt! Phone Post

Nate got robbed...refs put too much emphasis on the leg kicks IMO Phone Post

I truly believe that Nate was looking past Tarec, thinking that after this fight he would be a win or two away from the UFC title. Huge props to Tarec, great fight and I look forward to seeing him in the UFC. Matt Brown anybody? Phone Post

yellow's Overseer -
Vote me down -

Nate's good, not great.

Nate "The Eehhh.... He's alright" Marquardt! Phone Post

lol Phone Post

It was a "great" win for Tarec.

When you call him an "aging former UFC fighter", to me that kinda implies that Marquardt is no longer UFC caliber. We all know that's not the case.

He was cut because of a failed test, not because of a loss. He was also the heavy favorite and coming off one of the best performances of his career. Let's not just shrug our shoulders at someone completely dismantling Marquardt. Phone Post

Saffiedine was chopping him down, was a great performance. I'd like to see Dan miller rematch marquardt Phone Post

Chris27 - So an aging former UFC fighter lost to an up and coming SF prospect.

Ok, so?

LOL Nate ain't that old. Phone Post

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Nate is only 33 btw, you're making him sound like he's nearing 40. Phone Post

Phone Post

The main point of this thread is what I have been saying for years, there is no such thing as "UFC level", this is fighting, styles make fights and there is talent everywhere

Being in the UFC just means you have a UFC contract, everyone in the UFC doesn't smash everyone else like most people would have you believe

I still remember MMALOGIC saying Overeem and Diaz would lose to Brock and Penn because they're used to fighting guys in the "minors" LOL