Shamrock - "I made a rookie mistake"

From FB:

"Are you kidding me some people just can't stand the truth it seems like what ever I do there has to be some of you that got to have a reason why things don't go the way they should it happens &I am very discouraged myself I had the choke very deep & I made a rookie mistake I tried to reset it after I saw him tap & that's when I lost position my fault
& To set the record straight on the tap John McCarthy made it clear in the rules meeting do not look to the referee for help you do your job & I will do mine when kimbo taped it was not my job to make that call I should have continued putting that choke on till John stepped in I did not which was my fault &on top of it it was very week tap I believe he started to go out but I started to move in tighter on the choke instead of letting the choke work itself tighter as kimbo moved
I wanted to win this fight very bad it did not happen that's it plain & simple
I.love what I do I have been away from any activities for 7 yrs. I came into this fight very rusty that was to be expected but really believed I would still win even being rusty & giving up 30lbs &being 51 with all that said I missed finishing him by a mistake one that would not have happened if I had not taken so much time out of the cage
With that said I am very happy with my life &the way I live my life my family supports me my fans support me &I will continue doing what make me & my fans happy just as long as I can
GOD IS GOOD"

https://www.facebook.com/ktshamrock?fref=ts

I didn't see the fight, Kimbo tapped and the ref missed it? Or Ken making that up? Phone Post 3.0

You didn't miss anything Phone Post 3.0

Damn I hate when people tap then pretend they didnt and keep fighting

*cough ufc1*

No, most rookies know how to finish a rear naked choke that is not being defended. Phone Post 3.0

I dont know how someone who has been grappling as long as ken would make a mistake like that.

If i got a choke that deep, i would never let go until the ref is pulling me off. I also wouldn't lose that position even if the ref didnt step in. Its just absolutely bizarre.

I cant even remember the last time i lost position on a fully clinched up RNC. Phone Post 3.0

i just remembered kens supposed to do bare knuckle boxing soon

he shouldnt be boxing anyone at this point

BigEyedFish -

cough ufc1

He admitted to the tap immediately. Fuck off. Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle -

i just remembered kens supposed to do bare knuckle boxing soon

he shouldnt be boxing anyone at this point

Oh shit, also forgot about that Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom - 
BigEyedFish -

cough ufc1

what are you shamrocks mom? 

honestly youre the biggest queer on this entire forum and there are a lot of people here. 

This is the same guy that submitted Masa Funaki and Bas Rutten. Phone Post 3.0

It's kinda ironic that a guy who could of been seen as a true pioneer like Ken is now gonna go down as someone who probably threw multiple fights. And an even bigger shame that Coker is making these kind of fights and shaming both his own reputation and the org. Not insinuating at all he knew anything about it being a possible fix, but he made the fight happen, it never should of Phone Post 3.0

BigEyedFish -
RyannVonDoom - 
BigEyedFish -

cough ufc1

what are you shamrocks mom? 

honestly youre the biggest queer on this entire forum and there are a lot of people here. 

Shamrock has been fighting since the 90's, by default this means Ryan feels a certain affinity to him as one of the "old school".

Don't go too hard on him, he's not too bright and knows not what he does Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79 - It's kinda ironic that a guy who could of been seen as a true pioneer like Ken is now gonna go down as someone who probably threw multiple fights. Phone Post 3.0

I can't think of another Hall of Fame-caliber MMA legend who's been a part of so many suspicious/odd/possibly fixed fights as Ken. Am I forgetting anyone?

some of us cheerlead for the old school

and some of us lived it.

BuddyRevell -
Dreville79 - It's kinda ironic that a guy who could of been seen as a true pioneer like Ken is now gonna go down as someone who probably threw multiple fights. Phone Post 3.0

I can't think of another Hall of Fame-caliber MMA legend who's been a part of so many suspicious/odd/possibly fixed fights as Ken. Am I forgetting anyone?

Dan Severn Phone Post 3.0

It's a shame that this fight and a Lashley fight were on the same card as some of the most exciting fighters around... Chandler, Strauss and Patricio.

It's funny how everyone puts pride up on this pedestal and then criticizes anyone who follows their entertainment first sports model.

Kimbo, shamrock and lashley are both probably still more skilled then women's mma.

"Kimbo, shamrock and lashley are both probably still more skilled then women's mma."

You certainly wouldn't know it from watching their fights.

BuddyRevell -

It fucking sucks, in the early days it was kinda part of the whole transition into a proper sport, this shit happens. But to happen at this level, and so blatantly? Coker needs to man up and say "sorry everyone, that was an epic fail". Thought Bellator may become a serious contender under Scott but he's taking them way downhill so far. Chandler was what, 4th on that card? What the fuck? Phone Post 3.0