Shamrock: The Glory Days (No Joke)

But shouldn't any thread with "Shamrock" in its title specify Ken or Frank?

In a similar vein, re all the stories about Mike Kyle breaking his hand, and thus being replaced by Keith Jardine vs. Mousasi at Strikeforce next week.

Every one of these stories I've seen conveniently omit whether it was his right hand or his left Kyle fractured; although I guess I'll find out the answer in about 29 1/2 hours.

voorhees - 
Hollywood Blonde - 
onepunchJD - 
RavenFighter - That book also claimed that Ken could drive a golf ball 300 yards and dunk a basketball.

I'm calling bullshit.

Ken was a hell of an athlete

Why would you disbelieve that?

Good book BTW

The book claimed he could bench 250 pounds 50 times.

I dont think anyone can do that.

I dont think so. Its doable. At my peak I could do 225 for 30 at the end of my chest workout. So I think Ken at his peak was strong than me at my peak so 250 for 50 might be legit.

AnthonyBrancato - But shouldn't any thread with "Shamrock" in its title specify Ken or Frank?

In a similar vein, re all the stories about Mike Kyle breaking his hand, and thus being replaced by Keith Jardine vs. Mousasi at Strikeforce next week.

Every one of these stories I've seen conveniently omit whether it was his right hand or his left Kyle fractured; although I guess I'll find out the answer in about 29 1/2 hours.

Right hand was bandaged last night at Strikeforce.

gravedigger - 
Its doable. At my peak I could do 225 for 30 at the end of my chest workout. So I think Ken at his peak was strong than me at my peak so 250 for 50 might be legit.

Almost impossible. For NFL prospects, they do as many rep's as they can with 225 and the record is 52.

i dunno me an avg joe hit 20 at 220 at 200lbs, not out of the question... too bad he spent more time on the weights than actual technique

I got 225 x 27 at 6'4",280 lbs.

I know Ken could destroy that,but 250x 50 ,I dont even know if top powerlifters wearing bench shirts could do that.

Family Jules - Is that the origin of the infamous purple cape?

Again.. for the umpteenth time..

There was never a purple cape. It was a robe, like a boxer wears, drapped over his shoulders.

Sheesh.

reddsharkk - 
onepunchJD - 
Family Jules - Is that the origin of the infamous purple cape?

Again.. for the umpteenth time..

There was never a purple cape. It was a robe, like a boxer wears, drapped over his shoulders.

Sheesh.

U mad?

Very orignal.

And no, why would I be mad?

Im just clarifying for the casual fans that believe everything they read.

I will say, in that pic above its hard to tell.

Watch the video of the fight, and you see its a robe.

Ken - Severn 1

Its a funny little bit of MMA trivia that has become kind of a joke on the UG. No big deal. But in fact, it was not a cape.

I bench 250 lbs for ten and I've never juiced. Ken juiced. Ken juiced beeeeeeeeeeeeg!

^^ id post if I knew how..

cant wait to see it, LOL.