Shamrock vs. Toney - 8, 3 minute rounds...

From BloodyElbow.com:

"It will be contested at eight rounds of only 3-minutes each, with both fighters only allowed to stay on the ground for 30 seconds before they get stood back up. "

God this fight is so stupid.

I will also say, if a fight ever screamed fixed before the fight even happened, I'd have to say this is it...

FREAKSHOW!!!!!!!!!

ChaosOverkill - FREAKSHOW!!!!!!!!!

Which isn't always a bad thing. But in this situation, I have to say, it sure as fuck is.

Ken's going to get killed.

Sofa King Cool - So takedowns are allowed, but only for 30 seconds at a time?

If this is legit, which I doubt, Shammy should win.

can shammy tap him inside 30 seconds? or will he just g'n'p him into bolivian :)

Shammy, please rip a fucking leg off ASAP!

Ken by leg lock

"Oops! I just "hurt" myself backstage gents. Maybe you double that fight purse and MAYBE then I'll think about coming out tonight"

Calling it now. Every little pre-fight point that pops up that hinders Shamrock is just going to increase the likelihood Ken pulls the old no-show.

It'll be like Cro Cop vs Wanderlei I, terrible idea. Phone Post

Why the hell is Ken agreeing to that?

ever see fujita vs that boxer with similar rules?. he won by standing sidechoke.  ken knows some standing subs too

Shamrock by brutal heelhook after the first takedown...you heard it first here!

JT, trying to juggle his fear of getting his ass kicked and his need for money.

These type of rules are bull shit! Clearly the whole thing is about who is better a MMA fighter of Boxer. There is only one way to solve this question and it's by having a no rules fight. PERIOD!

William Colosimo - Bad for Ken.

He doesnt have takedowns anymore- now he has to get a takedown each 3 minutes, and only have seconds to position himself for a sub while Toney holds on

Yeah, I'm sure he'll have a real hard time taking down a fuckin' boxer who's never wrestled in his life...

William Colosimo - Bad for Ken.

He doesnt have takedowns anymore- now he has to get a takedown each 3 minutes, and only have seconds to position himself for a sub while Toney holds on

You mean each 30 seconds! All Toney needs to do is train how to stall on the ground. Too bad Ken's knees are shot.

Did anyone see how soft ken looks? that video looks like he was brought from the hospital bed to the conferance. Its kinda sad the man has to put himself into these situations at his age Phone Post

ChiTown Philly -  Did anyone see how soft ken looks? that video looks like he was brought from the hospital bed to the conferance. Its kinda sad the man has to put himself into these situations at his age Phone Post

Ken recently had MRSA. He probably wasn't eating much and certainly wasn't lifting at all. The fight is a long way away, maybe Ken can get some of that mass back before the fight.