Shane Carwin on Reddit

Dude is absolutely hilarious. https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/4t9xom/getting_clean/

"Getting Clean"

I just can't find a bar of soap big enough. I have tough choices to make when showering wash the top or bottom half.

I gas out when using the hand pump soap.

No way I am the only one......

To keep the mods happy; I hope Cyborg is going to be okay. I hadbheard about the violence surrounding Pokemon Go but I thought was just Nancy Grace attention whoring.

The struggle is real

-Carwin

Lol. Good comedy Phone Post 3.0

Dude is bitter as hell.

some awesome responses in there. definitely not your average fighter!

leifdawg -

Dude is bitter as hell.

Not coming across necessarily as 'bitter' when I am reading it. I do get the sense that he is maybe tired of the things that a guy like him has to deal with every single time that his name starts to reappear in MMA news. 

He used to just go radio silent when any topics relating the name 'Carwin' and the concept of being 'clean' would come up. It would always lead to questions about that statement from the U.S. Attorney which said (quote):

"In court Friday, Assistant U.S. Attorney Donna Dobbins named several athletes, including Carwin, who had obtained steroids with Bennett’s help." (Src: Sherdog, 2010).

He said before in an interview that he would respond to that situation at some point. The last detail I can still find on it to this day is (Src: BloodyElbow, 2011):

Which.. TLDR is that Shane didn't think a comment was 'necessary'.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/9/2215527/ufc-131-shane-carwin-offers-no-comment-on-steroid-allegations

I still want to find out what went on with Shane and Applied Pharmacy Services. It even mentions it in the Bloody Elbow article that when Ariel asked Shane about it.. there was a very unusual response and a sense of tension once the subject of APS/steroids had been breached.

TLDR:

Would be cool if Shane would tell us what really happened with APS/Himself/Steroids.. If he has provided a story regarding the case, my fault for being lazy but I don't think he ever has.

RZ - At least he acknowledges his prior use.

Maybe he is talking about it then.. 

Don't have time to read it closely.. Good to hear.

Clarence Parents -
leifdawg -

Dude is bitter as hell.

Not coming across necessarily as 'bitter' when I am reading it. I do get the sense that he is maybe tired of the things that a guy like him has to deal with every single time that his name starts to reappear in MMA news. 

He used to just go radio silent when any topics relating the name 'Carwin' and the concept of being 'clean' would come up. It would always lead to questions about that statement from the U.S. Attorney which said (quote):

"In court Friday, Assistant U.S. Attorney Donna Dobbins named several athletes, including Carwin, who had obtained steroids with Bennett’s help." (Src: Sherdog, 2010).

He said before in an interview that he would respond to that situation at some point. The last detail I can still find on it to this day is (Src: BloodyElbow, 2011):

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/9/2215527/ufc-131-shane-carwin-offers-no-comment-on-steroid-allegations

I still want to find out what went on with Shane and Applied Pharmacy Services. It even mentions it in the Bloody Elbow article that when Ariel asked Shane about it.. there was a very unusual response and a sense of tension once the subject of APS/steroids had been breached.

TLDR:

Would be cool if Shane would tell us what really happened with APS/Himself/Steroids.. If he has provided a story regarding the case, my fault for being lazy but I don't think he ever has.

He was obviously on heavy gas. There's really nothing necessary to be said. Phone Post 3.0

gregor o connor -
Clarence Parents -

are you seriously this dumb? the post is titled "getting clean". how you survive daily life i do not know.

At least I begin my sentences and paragraphs with a capital letter like a human being, you little Melvin!

How dare you assume that I actually care or have even really looked at the things that I am discussing within a thread.

You're that guy who goes up to the guy who might not have done the things he told you he did and tells him that he didn't do it.

Think on that and check your privilege.

Thanks!

Clarence Parents -
leifdawg -

Dude is bitter as hell.

TLDR:

A good summary.
His strategy for dealing with the it was interesting. Just keep referring to a statement being worked on until it's far enough in the past that most people stop asking and move on.

I remember the pissed off mumble and stare he gave Helwani in that interview and the awkward silence that followed lol Phone Post 3.0

Clarence Parents -
leifdawg -

Dude is bitter as hell.

TLDR:

This this this Phone Post 3.0

Clarence Parents -
gregor o connor -
Clarence Parents -

are you seriously this dumb? the post is titled "getting clean". how you survive daily life i do not know.

At least I begin my sentences and paragraphs with a capital letter like a human being, you little Melvin!

How dare you assume that I actually care or have even really looked at the things that I am discussing within a thread.

You're that guy who goes up to the guy who might not have done the things he told you he did and tells him that he didn't do it.

Think on that and check your privilege.

Thanks!

Lmao best response! Phone Post 3.0